Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-19
This patient focused supervisory role is accountable for the day to day operations included in the Patient Friendly Access initiative.This dynamic individual will be responsible for team building issue resolution quality assurance training and ensuring exceptional customer service both within and outside the Health System related to the Access experience.Reviews and takes ownership of any escalated or complex issues.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of Patient Friendly Access staff to promote an optimal patient experience customer service and availability of medical services.
- Investigates documents and resolves or refers problems and conflicts using the appropriate help chain.
- Advocates for patients and families while coordinating multi-visit scheduling appointments.
- Provides exceptional customer service while assisting customers in obtaining access to Medical Services at UVA Health System.
- Performs technical/clinical responsibilities in assigned work area and assumes responsibility for professional development of self and staff.
- Maintains a positive and professional work environment conducive to professional development.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent required.Associate’s Degree Preferred.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience
Licensure: None required.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods; Repetitive motion: computer keyboard activity. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.