Temporary Medical Administrative Assistant - Culpeper, VA
Job location: CULPEPER MEDICAL ASSOCIATES - UVA PRIMARY CARE CULPEPER FAMILY PRACTICE
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-19
UVA Temps is recruiting for temporary Medical Administrative Assistants to work with University Physician’s Group located in Culpeper, VA.
Temporary Medical Administrative assignments can vary in length lasting from a few days to an indefinite time period. They can be part-time or full-time, and require varying skill sets ranging from entry-level to advanced expertise. The needs of our business partners vary, and employees of diverse skills are needed for different assignments. Below are some of the positions which UVA Temporary Medical Administrative employees assume:
- Medical Office Assistant
- Senior Medical Office Assistant
- Access Associate
- Patient Billing
- Front Door Screener/Greeter
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Independently schedules and registers patients, takes payments and provides receipts.
· Answers telephones, screens calls, confirms appointments, maintains appointment schedule following office scheduling procedures. Refers callers to appropriate individuals, and gives routine information in accordance with established procedures.
· Creates patient no show and cancellation letters according to office policy. Calls to reschedule as appropriate.
· Completes daily attendance in scheduling system.
· Posts clinic collected payments in online journal, verify collections against monies on hand, document discrepancies as needed according to cash collection policy.
· Assists patients with prescriptions and forms, which includes making sure all necessary information is provided, and contact appropriate parties as necessary.
· Obtains insurance authorizations and referrals as needed.
· Checks in patients upon their arrival and verifies patient information; updates patient tracking, provides patient with medication list, assures accuracy and completeness of co-pays, charges and insurance information.
·Checks out patients at their departure and schedule follow-up and specialty appointment as appropriate. Update, print, and provide after visit summary (AVS) to patient. Provides school / work excuses as appropriate.
· Prepares documents for scanning as needed.
·Abstracts health record data into EMR.
·Other projects and/or assignments as directed.
· Two years of relevant experience preferred
·Experience in a medical office setting preferred
·Customer service experience required
Knowledge and skills:
· Basic knowledge of and experience utilizing a personal computer.
· Basic word processing skills required.
· Must have ability to learn and use telephone, facsimile and copy machine systems.
Prior experience utilizing medical scheduling software or bilingual language skills a plus.
UVA Temporary employees provide support in business, academic, healthcare, and research environments at the University of Virginia.
The various jobs listings you see posted within the temporary pools are general categories and may not be actual positions we are recruiting for at the time you apply. We will keep your application on file and contact you if we believe your skills and experiences are a match for a position we are trying to fill.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.