Senior Imaging Service Technician
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-26
Ranked the No. 1 hospital in Virginia for 2020-2021 U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals” guide, UVA Health System is seeking a Senior Imaging Service Technician to join our Clinical Engineering and Biomedical Operations department in Charlottesville, VA.
The incumbent demonstrates mastery in engineering disciplines including electronics pneumatics mechanical systems, TCP/IP networking, wireless communication protocols, chemistry, and inonizing radiation human anatomy and physiology. The Senior Technician independently designs and develops healthcare technology management programs to meet the needs of a diverse healthcare population of patients and caregivers. You will be responsible for managing the coordination and provision of comprehensive medical equipment-related services in focus clinical and administrative areas including technical support training; procedural assistance; vendor interface; preventive maintenance and repair on complex medical equipment. Individuals should have knowledge of relevant systems and tools, and be proficient to aid in the development/resolving equipment problems and issues.
- Perform as a full-service expert in focus clinic l and administrative areas including but not limited to radiology/imaging, laboratory, or respiratory therapy.
- Demonstrates mastery of preventive maintenance (PM) and repairs on minor to complex medical equipment.
- Demonstrates mastery in maintaining UVA medical equipment inventory system.
- Coordinate and/or perform installation and initial inspections on medical equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all safety rules codes practices and policies.
- Mentors and trains technical staff.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's Degree or Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) Certification is required.
- 7 years of relevant experience.
- Valid Virginia Driver's License.
- Professional level shift differential for flexibility in scheduling (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/compensation).
- Relocation reimbursement.
- Eligibility for all full-time Medical Center benefits.
Questions should be directed to Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.orgPosition Compensation Range: $32.48 - $51.98 Hourly
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.