Scheduling Coordinator - OR
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-01
Under the direction of the manager or designee supports the functions of the Scheduling Office by facilitating and producing the ORMIS Daily OR Schedule and its supporting documents in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Communicates effectively using established systems/protocols.
- Communicates effectively with ancillary departments.
- Communicates effectively within the department.
- Contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Accurately schedules procedures in the ORMIS system.
- Provides reporting printing and distribution of the Surgical Schedule and related information reports in a timely manner.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.