Coordinator, High School Recruiting
Administration and AthleticsLocation:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position will focus on the execution of the entire recruiting and high school relations process for the University of Arizona Football Program.
The University’s strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts and other venues of its 21-sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pacific-12 Conference, “The Conference of Champions.” For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Director of Player Personnel in managing all functions related to high school recruiting.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day activities related high school recruiting
- Innovate, organize, and manage the coaching staff’s prospective student-athlete evaluation system.
- Create and support strong predictive analytics of prospective athletics and academic success
- Manage the organization and execution of prospective student-athlete evaluation support on behalf of the coaching staff
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a player personnel database
- Manage day-to-day and annual review of recruiting process and strategies
- Develop highly effective communication mediums to engage and reach prospective student-athletes
- Manage and direct the solicitation of athletic prospective information related to evaluation and admissions
- Full support and help prospects to navigate the University of Arizona admissions process.
- Support ongoing comparative football analysis / evaluation of the PAC-12 Conference
- Serve as point of contact for Athletic Compliance Department related to potential rules questions or potential rules violations related to the recruiting process
- Cultivate and mange relationships with high school coaches and administrators
- Manage organization and planning of all aspects of the Arizona Football Coaches Clinic
- Effectively manage compliance with NCAA/PAC-12 rules and regulations
- All other duties as required relative to support of the Football Program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the recruiting process
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Dedication and motivation to initiate, lead and support value-added projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Pac-12 and University of Arizona rules and compliance
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities and successfully manage multiple priority projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude
- Computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Master’s Degree
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
40 + Nights and WeekendsJob FTE:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Derek van der Merwe
1/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter,and the answers to the following questions as the Additional Document. ThankYou.
1. Describe your knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulationsrelating to academics, satisfactory progress, and eligibility.
2. Please list below any experience you have had since 2015 with high school orcollege student-athletes. This includes working or volunteering in any capacitywith a high school, AAU, sports club, junior college or 4-year institutionstudent-athlete, athletics team or department.
3. Applicants for this position are subject to the following NCAA Bylaws11.4.2, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 11.4.3, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.4.4, 220.127.116.11, and18.104.22.168. You may be asked about these Bylaws in an interview, and you may beasked to sign a future affirmation confirming the same prior to or upon youremployment by The University of Arizona, if you are selected for employment. Doyou understand that by submitting your application for employment you areaffirming that you have read these Bylaws, and that such Bylaws would notpreclude your employment by The University of Arizona?
4. Are you the parent, coach, relative or guardian of a prospective student-athlete(i.e., student in 9-12 grade or 7–12 grade for men’s basketball or juniorcollege student) in the sport of men’s basketball, women’s basketball orfootball or have any other type of association with any prospectivestudent-athlete in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball orfootball? If yes, please explain.
5. Is your potential employment within the athletic department conditioned uponthe enrollment of any prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade,7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sport of men'sbasketball, women's basketball or football? If Yes, please explain.
6. Do you understand that failure to disclose any information related to youraffiliation with a prospective student-athlete (student in 9-12 grade, 7-12grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sports of football, men'sbasketball or women's basketball might render your application ineligible forconsideration?
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.