DIRECTOR OF CAREER CENTER
DIRECTOR OF CAREER CENTER
Posting Number: SRGV4800
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Career Center
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the leadership and strategic direction of the Career Center, the director serves as the primary liaison between the university, its students and alumni, and potential employers at the local, state, and national levels.
Description of Duties:
• Provides leadership in the development and articulation, with stakeholders, of the vision and mission of the university’s Career Center.
• Provides oversight for operations of the Career Center to ensure efficient, timely, and effective services and initiatives in line with leading edge practices in career education and workplace learning.
• Collaborates with faculty and other stakeholders to ensure all UTRGV students are provided access to resources which help them explore potential careers, engage in the right kinds of experiences which will help them prepare to enter the workforce or further education, and develop a personal brand so they can articulate the value of the marketable skills they have developed in their time at the university.
• Directs the hiring, professional development, and supervision of the departmental staff and administration of assigned departmental budget.
• Develops short and long-range plans, conceptual designs, budget requirements and documentation for the department.
• Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
• Interacts regularly with and seeks feedback from university and college/school leadership, other faculty/staff, students, and employers to ensure the Career Center is meeting the needs of UTRGV students and alumni who are entering the workforce, within the scope of unit resources.
• Oversees, develops and ensures timely and accurate data collection, analysis and reporting for assessment of Career Center initiatives and services, as well as tracking of career-related outcomes at the institutional level.
• Closely monitors, analyzes, and evaluates current scope of services, programs, and initiatives overseen by the Career Center and makes recommendations about future directions based on a model of continuous improvement.
• Leads change to remain responsive to student career development needs and evolving market trends.
• Advises Career Center staff, faculty, and academic advisors on labor market trends, career pathways and employment opportunities, as well as ways to support the institution’s commitment to internships and experiential learning opportunities as part of our career development strategy.
• Develops and strengthens networks among UTRGV and various professional organizations, including, but not limited to, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), regional affiliates, and industry/community partners which provide broad opportunities for job development activities.
• Develops, reviews, and revises UTRGV policies and guidelines within area of expertise and responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Specific supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
Five (5) years of professional experience related to Student Success in an institution of higher education, including providing professional development and career-related support to students or experience leading and/or playing a key role in student success projects with a professional development and/or career-related component in a higher education setting.
Experience providing professional development and career-related support to students. Experience at the administrative level in career services or in a supervisory role of professional staff in a student support services area in a higher education setting.
Use of standard office equipment. Preferred experience in the use of student information system software and statistical and report writing skills.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend/evening work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Excellent supervisory and organizational abilities. Strong communication skills and ability to successfully collaborate with faculty, administrators within higher education and professional staff. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Experience in developing productive relationships with clients, both internal and external to the university community. Strong program development, implementation, and assessment skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 06/23/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27153
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency