Part-Time Academic Counselor-Counseling Department - FY 2021
Part-Time Academic Counselor-Counseling Department - FY 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Part-time Counselors will work with all of the area of study, one-stop wrap around centers and will be responsible for the following:
1) Provide reliable and objective advice and assistance to students in developing goals, and occupational and career plans to ensure student success and retention.
2) Identify and assist student in resolving problems that interfere with their educational progress; clarify information regarding transfer issues.
3) See students by drop in basis and by appointment in the one-stop wrap around centers and referrer through the E-Alert program.
4) Manage own calendar and scheduling through the online system.
5) Meet and establish rapport with and provide academic counseling to continuing and returning students.
6) Utilize results of placement test and interest inventories for counseling students regarding Student Success Plans.
7) Advise students regarding progress conduct audits, prepare Student Success Plans towards degree requirements. Complete unofficial transcripts evaluation for graduation provide counseling and advice to students plan to matriculate at four-year colleges.
8) Conduct assessment of counseling approaches, theories and counseling tools for supporting and counseling students, which correspond to changes that improve counseling approaches and assessment of outcomes.
9) Provide consistent articulation with Nevada colleges and universities.
10) Provide counseling and advice to students who are transferring from other colleges and universities to CSN.
11) Refer students to community agency partners on campus to receive wrap around services.
12) Refer student who present with mental health and emotional concerns to CSN Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
13) Stay up to date on all degree requirements.
14) Attend School and Program/Departmental meetings
15) Work with faculty for the following:
16) Provide in-person, online chat, or telephone counseling support services
Travel may be required between North Las Vegas, West Charleston and Henderson Campus as needed. This Position may require some evening hours.
This position will be paid $925.00 per credit hour. Credits will vary by semester.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time-Academic-Counselor-Counseling-Department---FY-2021_R0122508
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency