COVID Team Registered Nurse
COVID Team Registered Nurse
This position is funded through October 1, 2021.
The George Mason University, Safety, Emergency, and Enterprise Risk Management department invites applications for a COVID Team Registered Nurse position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The COVID Team RN is a lead member of the on-site surveillance test teams and is responsible for supervising and providing COVID-19 sampling at the Mason on-campus testing sites for members of the Mason community.
- Preparation and set up of all sampling/testing;
- Overseeing the collection patient samples for COVID19 testing through the mobile testing site;
- Ensuring specimen samples and collection activities are documented properly;
- Reconciliation of all sampling collected;
- Follow up with participants;
- Supervision of the LPN and/or Medical Assistants and Operations Assistants, as members of the surveillance testing team;
- May also be required to assist with the diagnostic testing operations which would include performing sample collection;
- May also be involved with other public health related duties to include but not limited to vaccination clinics, symptoms and exposure screening assistance, etc.
The scheduling for this position occurs Monday through Friday, with possible weekend rotations and may be required to work on the Fairfax, Arlington and Sci-Tech campus on a rotational basis.
- Knowledgeable in anatomy and physiology;
- Experience with Electronic Health Records;
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to build rapport with patients;
- Compassionate and caring demeanor;
- A current U.S.-based unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Virginia, or equivalent Multi-State License;
- Healthcare Provider BLS certification;
- Must be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associate or bachelor of science degree in registered nursing;
- Demonstrated clinical background with competence to complete COVID19 testing;
- Demonstrated nursing experience in a hospital or health care setting, minimum 1 year OR documented experience in a health care provider’s office, focus on adult medicine or college health, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Electronic Health Records, at least 1 year experience;
- Demonstrated experience in specimen collection, swabbing, or blood services.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03043z apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.