Director of Corporate Outreach
This position is responsible for corporate outreach activity that generates sales, development, and implementation of training programs for business and industry within the Triton College district. This position requires excellent organization and communication skills, experience selling and coordinating training programs, and an ability to operate independently with an entrepreneurial philosophy. This position is funded through grants and through successful income generating programs for businesses. Employment is contingent upon continued receipt of training revenues.
1. Identify general or special customized training needs of local businesses and develop and deliver courses, workshops, and complete programs to meet those needs. All activities must generate income or maintain a cost recovery status.
2. Establish customer relationships from existing and new accounts in the contract training area. Maintenance and expansion of accounts required.
3. Conduct face-to-face client presentations and initiate needs assessment instruments to determine training solutions for performance gaps.
4. Apply for and administer federal, state, and local grant funds for training initiatives and program needs of established clients.
5. Identify and recommend instructors or consultants.
6. Evaluate all instructors and consultants, workshops, programs and other courses established for business.
7. Develop and recommend training budgets and materials to the Dean.
8. Assist in the development and coordination with the office marketing initiatives in the creation of bulletins, brochures, newspaper announcements and other media support for programs associated with business and industry training.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Dean
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Dean, Continuing Education
SUPERVISION PROVIDED: Assigned personnel
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required, preferably in business, marketing, instructional design or training and development. A Master's degree is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three or four years outside sales experience, with new business and account development experience is required. Experience responding to employer needs and general labor-market trends is preferred. Demonstrated experience forming successful alliances with companies, community organizations, and governmental entities is helpful.
KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrated understanding of marketing/sales techniques and their application in a variety of organizational structures. Successful grant-writing experience is helpful.
SKILLS: Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are required. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is important. Project management skills and an understanding of current technologies and their applications within the training and development industry are helpful.