Executive Director, Wellness Center
Executive Director, Wellness Center
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Campus Title: Executive Director, Wellness Center
State Job Title: Executive Director
Department: Student Affairs
Job Code: HA6200
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bargaining Unit: NUP
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Timeframe: 52 Weeks
Shift: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Regular Days Off: Saturday and Sunday (required availability if needed)
Salary: Commensurate w/experience
Westfield State University is pleased to invite applications and nominations for the newly created position of Executive Director, Wellness Center. This is an exceptional opportunity for a leader committed to serving students to provide strategic direction, long-term vision, and inspiration to staff while advancing an integrated student wellness model comprised of Health Services and Counseling and Wellness Services. The Executive Director, in consultation with the Vice President for Student Affairs and other key stakeholders, will champion the provision of comprehensive, collaborative, and integrated care with a strong focus on enhancing the student experience and increasing student success. Embracing a commitment to serving a diverse population and with deep appreciation of the changing needs of students and higher education communities, the Executive Director will build upon opportunities to engage colleagues and establish programs to advance all aspects of health and wellbeing.
The University is seeking a strategic-minded leader with a strong appreciation for working in a team environment and overseeing a highly dedicated staff in support of an inter professional approach to high-quality care and services. The successful candidate will have expertise in and the ability to focus on ensuring outstanding, student-centered healthcare; a holistic perspective and collaborative disposition regarding the essential connections among health and counseling services; and a significant and demonstrated record of being an innovative leader and effective administrator with a commitment to inclusive excellence.
This position reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs and serves as a key member of the leadership team within the Division of Student Affairs. As the lead administrator of the Wellness Center, the Executive Director provides strategic direction for a comprehensive portfolio including Health Services and the Counseling Center, which includes Outreach Education. The Executive Director leads and directs a collaborative and integrated model of holistic wellness that addresses the needs of a diverse student population through the provision of healthcare services that address the intellectual, physical, emotional and social needs of students.
The position requires a comprehensive understanding of the diverse issues facing undergraduates. The individual in this position must be a visionary and student-centered leader who has the knowledge, skills, and preparation to develop and lead an outstanding program of best practices in integrative college health and wellbeing with sound judgement and strategic thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide vision, direction and strategic leadership for the Wellness Center; plan and implement assessment efforts that inform fiscally responsible and data driven decision making for the programs, services, and activities within the scope of the position.
- Participate substantially in developing relevant University policies.
- Develop and implement intentional programs, services, and activities within the scope of this position that will meet the unique needs of all student populations.
- Utilize diversity and social justice practices to promote student success as it relates to the scope of this position.
- Ensure compliance with standards of professional practice to promote student success as it relates to core duties and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with members of the Wellness Center staff, Student Affairs and University staff, students and the public to promote broad support for the goals of the department and to effectively advocate for issues pertaining to the health and wellbeing of a diverse student body.
- Stay abreast of legal and regulatory issues and best practice standards related to primary healthcare, mental health on campus, and outreach education/health promotion.
- Ensure that Wellness Center staff has access to up-to-date medical information and training. Provide professional development activities and opportunities to enhance performance and an effective team approach to the delivery of a broad range of clinical emergency, prevention and health education services.
- Respond to concerns and inquiries regarding the overall operation of the Wellness Center with prompt, courteous, professional, and confidential attention.
- Oversee the annual review and revision of protocols and health education materials.
- Oversee the maintenance of comprehensive health records, other documentation of student health problems, and care and treatment in accordance with the standard of privacy practices (HIPAA), the Massachusetts Mental Health laws and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Ensure institutional compliance with public policy mandates including immunizations and infectious disease surveillance.
- Coordinate and collaborate with departmental and other college staff to develop, design and implement preventative physical and mental health education programs.
- Compile monthly and annual and other statistical data as required.
- Develop departmental budget requests and expenditures to advance departmental goals in accordance with fiscal policies and procedures.
- Oversee the proper disposal of outdated medications, hazardous wastes and medical equipment in the Health Services Department.
- Lead the integration of electronic medical records and insurance billing initiative on behalf of the University.
- Notify or supervise staff in notifying parents or other responsible persons in cases of serious student illness.
- Represent the Wellness Center departments on and off campus.
- Serve as the medical/psychological institutional privacy officer
- Lead or participate in other division-wide or University-wide committees, projects or work as assigned.
- May participate in Division on call duty rotation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Advanced degree in public health, social work, psychology, medicine, health administration or related fields
- A minimum of eight years of experience with progressive responsibility in allied health care environment.
- A minimum of three years of supervisory and/or administrative experience.
- Excellent administrative and oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Experience with and commitment to working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as programs, services and Division of University calendar necessitates.
- Massachusetts certified/license or eligible for certification or licensure as Psychologist, Physician, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Registered Nurse, in compliance with professional practice standards.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in health promotion and outreach education.
- Knowledge of the organization, administration and supervision and delivery of healthcare within a higher education setting or in a setting with college-age clients.
- Understanding of tele-health priorities and implementation.
- Knowledge of and experience in quality improvement and accreditation activities
- Knowledge of the private healthcare industry including continuum of care best practices, and associated insurance reimbursement and funding models.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Westfield State has partnered with Keeling & Associates in this search process.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume and must be sent, preferably in PDF format, to [email protected]. The subject line of the email should read "Westfield State - Executive Director." Confidential inquiries and nominations should be addressed to Dr. Jan Walbert, Vice President and Senior Consultant for Executive Search, Keeling & Associates, at [email protected]. Applications received by June 10, 2020, will receive full consideration. The process will continue until the position is filled.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=122548&CNTRNO=14&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency