Graduate Assistant-Residence Life
Graduate Assistant-Residence Life
Job ID: 218393
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
The Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct position is sponsored by the Department of Residence Life at Columbus State University and is an integral component in the success of both the department and the Columbus State University students. This position will provide case management and direct contact with Residential Life students. The nature of this position will focus on investigating and addressing alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct. This individual will be responsible for several on-going and short-term projects that advance the vision of the department and university. They will promote community responsibility in the halls and on campus, while ensuring that any violations that does occur are appropriately sanctioned. Alongside these responsibilities, and the ones listed below, the Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct will oversee a Residence Life student conduct board and will work collaboratively with the Assistant Dean of Students on advanced conduct cases.
This position will report to the Assistant Director of Residence Life. Their responsibilities would include:
- Review all Incident Reports occur with in Residence Life.
- Determine appropriate responses and resolutions to conduct matters.
- Send all conduct letters regarding each individual incident; these letters would include investigation meetings, conduct meetings, decisions letters, parental notification, etc.
- Investigate all alleged student violations
- Engage with students through conduct meetings to determine responsibility.
- Track sanctions through to completion and maintain records on the student conduct database system, Maxient.
- Communicate conduct-related information on behalf of the Residential Conduct Process.
- Maintain and update the Residential Life Code of Conduct standards.
- Provide supervisor continuous update on all aspects regarding on-going and completed conduct cases.
- Provide referral counseling to students and consult with Counseling and Psychological Services as needed.
- Coordinate and implement proactive efforts to educate residential students regarding the Residential Code of Conduct and other community standard issues through trainings, programs, marketing materials, and events.
- Help plan and implement residential conduct training for Residence Education professional staff.
- Review best practices related to residential conduct and suggest improvements in training.
- Gather training materials and create support materials for professional staff.
- Recruit members for the Residential Life Student Conduct Board.
- Provide oversight of the Student Conduct Board to ensure a consistent process that strives to educate students.
- Provide education to students through Board Hearings about their decisions and discuss with them about the impact of their behavior to the greater University community.
- Other duties may be assigned based on the needs of the department.
- Must be accepted and enrolled in a graduate program at Columbus State University.
- Applicant must have obtained a Bachelor Degree prior to the start date of this position.
- Ability to collaborate with other graduate interns and professional staff on projects and processes.
- Sound judgement and tact.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working towards a degree in Student Affairs Administration, Higher Education, or in another related program.
- Experience working in residence life, student conduct, etc.
- Knowledge in working with the Maxient Conduct System.
This position pays $12.00 per hour / 20 hours per week. Additionally, this position comes with a private bedroom within an apartment with all utilities. Please not that this position does not include tuition remission.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
To be considered for a Student Assistant position, the applicant must be a current Columbus State University student, taking at least six (6) credit hour courses per semester.
For fullest consideration, please submit your application immediately. Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring.
A successful criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment.
Varies. This position does include non-traditional hours and weekends.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=218393&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency