Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223361
Minimum Requirements Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or universityKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently with only general supervision, to prioritize tasks, to complete work, and to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Willingess and ability to work with research animals
Responsibilities This is a training position designed to carry out advanced independent research to achieve the objectives of the research project, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines and completeness of documentation. Participate in research data collection and analysis; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; conduct studies of related literature; write and publish articles in scientific journals. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings. Presents findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on researh techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of researh activities.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Salary: $35,568/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period:Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University