Clinical Research Operations Analyst
Under the general direction of the Assoc Director, Clinical Research Revenue Recovery & Billing or designee, the Clinical Research Operations Analyst is responsible for various operational functions associated with the timely, compliant execution of UMMS clinical research activities.Responsibilities
Clinical Research Management System (CTMS) Operations
- Analyze, evaluate and maintain clinical research protocols, budgets and contract amendments within the CTMS.
- Works closely with OCR budget and coverage analysts as needed to ensure operational compliance and consistency across clinical research protocols.
- Conducts analytical quality assurance review and analysis of CTMS initial data and completes OCR sign off within the CTMS for all newly awarded protocols.
- Analyzes study calendar revisions within the CTMS that impact invoicing and revenue recovery.
- Provides regular review and analysis of CTMS data to ensure complete and accurate capture of relevant information.
- Completes appropriate, detailed, analytical review of budget amendments, study subject data entry and visit information in order to facilitate accurate billing/invoicing.
- Ensures timely completion of information in all tracking systems.
Clinical Research Revenue Recovery
- Generates invoices to external sponsors, working with study team members to proactively analyze and resolve any questions or conflicts.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for external sponsors on all clinical research invoices.
- Maintains clinical research check detail posting from bursar feed to clinical research internal site.
- Performs analysis and reconciliation of assigned accounts receivable information for all relevant UMMS finance departments/divisions.
- Analyze, assess and resolves any account balance discrepancies between sponsors and UMMS.
- Reviews, verifies, and processes all submitted clinical research account closure requests.
Clinical Research Billing
- Monitors relevant compliance program components (such as Medicare cost coverage analysis, billing grids, study calendars and budgets.)
- Provides input into departmental efforts focused on identification, analysis, interpretation, implementation and maintenance of relevant federal and state regulations and local policies.
- Conducts daily central monitoring of EPIC clinical research billing review que.
- Actively works with clinical partners, providing regular information necessary to facilitate UMMS/UMMHC clinical research.
Education & Reporting
- Manages assigned tasks via the TRACs intake portal, interpreting requests, ensuring timely completion and accurate tracking
- Maintains internal reporting systems, providing metrics to senior management ensuring that metrics are captured in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develops and maintains assigned curriculum, training materials, job aids, SOPs, and policies
- Delivers relevant training and orientation to clinical research staff/faculty.
- Develops and maintains division web pages/web page content.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience managing & maintaining clinical research budgets related to biomedical/science industry and analyzing clinical research billing compliance areas.
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal, state regulation and guidance related to clinical research, specifically federal clinical research billing requirements.
- Strong analytical, computer and software skills.
- OnCore & EPIC experience strongly preferred.
- Certification in clinical research (CIP, SOCRA, ACRP or equivalent)
- OnCore Financial and Management Certifications preferred.