Salesforce Marketing Cloud Applications Programmer, Senior
Job Title: Salesforce Marketing Cloud Applications Programmer, Senior
Location: Information Tech Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605169
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
This position is a member of the CRM and Integration Team in the Information Technology Services Department at the Flagstaff campus of Northern Arizona University. The incumbent for this position is responsible for developing and providing a consistent email marketing best practice for university clients by fully leveraging the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and experience using Marketing Cloud for message design, subscriber and data management, automations, campaign performance analysis, and external integrations.
Under general supervision:
- Sets up campaigns and journeys for clients to create highly personalized experiences for their constituents.
- Defines integrations between Marketing Cloud and other systems.
- Determines how to best import data into Marketing Cloud as per best practices.
- Creates templates and other assets leveraged by clients in Marketing Cloud.
- Incorporates different tools such as segmentation, automation, tracking, and analytics to make data-driven decisions to optimize email campaigns.
- Partners with clients to develop Marketing Cloud activities (Email, Mobile Marketing, Social Media Engagement, Lifecycle Automation, etc.) that meet marketing plan requirements.
- Trains clients to leverage core aspects of Marketing Cloud that serve their operational duties.
- Provides clients and senior level staff with analysis tools that connect efficacy of Marketing Cloud activities to defined strategic goals.
- Troubleshoots and solves basic to complex platform issues.
- Advises clients and senior level staff on industry best practice for operating on the Marketing Cloud platform including structure and set up of BUs, roles and permissions, and profiles.
- Develops guidance for the product roadmap of the NAU Marketing Cloud environments.
- May be required to participate in on-call functions and/or on-call incident management.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field AND four years of systems/programming experience; OR,
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field AND six years of systems/programming experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Six months to one-year Marketing Cloud implementation experience; OR,
- Five complex implementation projects with the Marketing Cloud Email application and associated tools; OR,
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist; OR,
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant; OR,
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Developer
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience meeting client requirements with the appropriate marketing automation solution such as Journey Builder, Automation Studio, and Triggered Send Definition.
- Experience integrating data elements from other systems into Marketing Cloud campaigns.
- Experience setting up Subscriber Lists and Data Extensions in Marketing Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating the elements and techniques of email marketing to design an effective email campaign.
- Practiced at translating a given client scenario down to its implications on legal compliance, message delivery impacts, and acquisition methodologies.
- Ability writing basic SQL, including join statements.
- Demonstrated ability in creating custom email messages that includes deploying a campaign.
- Demonstrated ability to manage content needed to deploy a customer email campaign.
- Ability to explain the different metrics available for email campaigns and what each one means.
- Knowledgeable of mobile messaging via SMS marketing campaigns and social media engagement within Marketing Cloud.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
February 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.