Part-Time, Temporary Social Media Assistant
Job no: 494964
Work type: Temporary part time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Administrative - Clerical
Job Title: Social Media Assistant
Division: Student Affairs
Department: Admissions/Strategic Enrollment Management
Reports to: Assistant Director of Recruitment Marketing and Social Media
Salary: Part Time, $20 an hour, 20-25 hours per week
Rowan University seeks a part-time Social Media Assistant to join our Enrollment Management & Marketing team within the Division of Student Affairs. This part-time position will meet the growing needs for community management and social media content creation to support the University’s brand as it pertains to recruitment and retention.
The selected candidate will work within a collaborative environment, receiving day-to-day guidance from the Assistant Director of Recruitment Marketing and Social Media, working alongside the Social Media Coordinator and a small team of digital content creators and recruitment staff. The team reports to the Assistant Vice President of Recruitment.
We are looking for a social media professional with a creative mindset and a knack for customer service. This position requires expertise in social media, content development, and the ability to use technology to engage constituents based on data and forward-thinking philosophies. Experience with photography and/or videography is a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in creating content for a 365-day social media content calendar for message propagation across all social media platforms, while adhering to the University’s voice and standards of image/message consistency.
- Specifically creating content for Instagram and TikTok.
- Researching and implementing the latest social media trends and best practices, and defining new and creative approaches to communicating via social media outlets.
- Monitoring, engaging and interacting with the University’s social media communities and serving as an extension of the campus experience as it relates to customer service.
- Contributing to a variety of web-based projects as needed with Strategic Enrollment Management and University Relations teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent education.
- One (1) year of professional experience in the marketing field, preferably with an emphasis in social media and content creation.
- Skilled in all social media platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- A strong customer service mindset with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently AND as part of a larger team.
- Skillful in creative problem solving and resolving conflict.
- Deadline-oriented and works well under pressure.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience with Sprout Social or other community management software.
- Experience with photography. Taking and editing photos.
- Experience with producing content within a higher education environment.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant education and experience, a resume, and the names and contact information for two references. Digital photography portfolio, Instagram profile or website is appreciated.
Advertised: Jan 15 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 29 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time