Part-Time Instructor: Accelerated Certificate Program in Innovation Management & Entrepreneursh...
Part-Time Instructor: Accelerated Certificate Program in Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship (ACP IME) Courses Application Window
Open date: January 14th, 2021
Last review date: Sunday, Feb 14, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
This is pool recruitment for online or classroom teaching positions that may become available in the Accelerated Certificate Program in Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship (ACP IME).
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ACP CLASSES MEET MONDAY–FRIDAY ON UCI CAMPUS AND/OR ONLINE. ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUTE TO CAMPUS.
We are seeking qualified instructors with current knowledge and work experience in the innovation and entrepreneurship industry who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students.
For this program, international students come to the UC Irvine campus to take classes related to international finance. For more detailed information about ACP IME and course descriptions, please visit http://ip.ce.uci.edu/programs/certificate-internship-programs/accelerated-certificate-programs-acps/acp-innovation-management-entrepreneurship/.
Course topics include:
• Design Thinking & Innovation
• Business Model Design
• Entrepreneurship Ecosystem and Economics
• Marketing and Business Development
• Managing Innovative Teams
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education Program Manager as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; completing all required compliance training; submitting updated syllabus; submitting course handouts; signing instructor contract; submitting required textbook orders; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of international student populations
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, off-site property tours, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
ACP courses are part-time, temporary assignments that are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of applications on file.
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06555
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.Application RequirementsDocument requirements
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
- 4 required (contact information only)