Counselor - Eating Disorder Coordinator
PG190754EPInternal Recruitment :
Counselor - Eating Disorder CoordinatorAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with credentials, qualifications, and experienceWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday / 8:00am - 5:00pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Counseling ServicesAbout the Department:
The Counseling Center assists NC State University students experiencing personal, academic or vocational problems. The goal of the Counseling Center is to provide students with professional counseling services and outreach to help them cope with issues that may impede successful academic performance. The Counseling Center also offers crisis intervention and psychological/psychiatric assessment as well as consultation with others who have concerns about the mental/emotional state of NC State students. Our services are primarily short-term in nature and we make referrals to other helping professionals and community agencies as appropriate.Essential Job Duties:
The Counselor will provide professional individual and group counseling services and outreach to NC State students as well as consultation to University administrators, staff and others who have concerns about the mental/emotional status of NC State students.
This is a 12-month position with responsibility to assist in all areas of Counseling Center functioning including:
- Individual and group counseling of NC State students/clients (personal, academic, and vocational assessment and counseling); psychological assessment; developmental and crisis counseling; couples counseling; evaluation of students for withdrawal recommendations for the University
- Development and participation in outreach programming
**consultation with faculty staff, parents, and others
- Providing evaluations and recommendations regarding students with academic and conduct problems
- Participation in after hours “on call” and possible evening office hours
- General administrative responsibilities
- Coordination of the center’s eating disorder treatment, outreach, resources, and referrals.
- Development and participation in outreach programming
- Coordinating eating disorder responsibilities:
- Coordinate bi-weekly Eating Disorder Treatment Team (EDTT) with Counseling Center and Student Health team members
- Provide substantial direct services for clients with eating disorder and disordered eating symptoms
- Serve as primary consultant for Counseling Center EDTT guidelines and procedures
- Maintain EDTT Titanium flag list and track existing Counseling Center clients
- Communicate and manage severe and high risk ED clients with SHS Behavioral Health Consultant and medical providers
- Manage and update ED treatment referral information
- Establish, maintain relationships, and serve as liaison to outside ED treatment providers
- Work with campus partners to develop and coordinate ED / Body Image Outreach
- Serve as a member of the leadership team, including a TRAC and Centennial campus rotation
- Offer training for Counseling Center trainees and coordinate with the CE committee to develop CE programming
- This position may involve participation in supervision/training of graduate students and program evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required in psychology, counseling, or clinical social work or closely-related field.
- Appropriate licensure must be obtained/maintained according to NC laws.
- Established commitment to multicultural competencies.
- Candidate must possess strong clinical skills and experience in handling crisis situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Doctorate preferred in psychology, counseling, or clinical social work or closely-related field.
- Experience in a university counseling center is desirable.
- Successful candidates will be generalists who are multi-culturally affirming and possess
competence and experience in working with diverse populations.
- Preference for candidates with experience utilizing a time-limited model of care.
- Preference for candidates who have experience and strong interest in providing outreach presentations and group work.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated eating disorder treatment experience.
Appropriate licensure must be obtained/maintained according to NC laws.Valid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/15/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to your application, please attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
244020 - Counseling ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.