IT Manager, Application Services (21193)
Job DetailsJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type StaffSalary Range $87,000.00 - $100,000.00 Salary/yearDescription College/Department OverviewUnder general direction of the Director of Enterprise Solutions, the Manager of Application Services provides leadership for centralized, enterprise-level technology service delivery of enterprise applications, Helps to support and maintain the technical infrastructure, including storage services, virtual services, central server services, security operations, desktop deployment services, database services and identity services. Ensures the areas technological level remains up to date, defines standards, and implements new procedures and techniques. Participates in the strategic planning for the Office of Information Technology. Supervises and provides functional direction to assigned staff and student employees. Establishes team goals and objectives. Effectively collaborates across technology teams and business units through excellent communication skills, diplomacy and a positive attitude. Helps to ensure 24x7 availability of technical infrastructure through redundancy design and support.Position OverviewOversee the institutions information technology projects/activities. Direct/Manage/Supervise technology projects to meet specific university requirements. Develop and implement programs to maximize customer satisfaction and operational efficiencies. Hire and maintain staff and ensure adequate staffing for projects and university IT operations. Work closely with other leaders on campus to develop plans to meet institutional objectives and provide support resources.Department Specific Essential Job FunctionsThe Applications Services Manager provides application and operational support for the full breadth of applications used enterprise wide as well as other line of business applications. Responsible for managing support staff for 24x7 operations for line of business applications. Supports multi-site operations, ensuring recoverability through system backups and database archive operations in conjunction with the IT Infrastructure team. Automates processes in IT Operations and the business to improve efficiency. Maintains quality service standards set by the organization. Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Helps plan large-scale systems projects and upgrades. Provides recommendations for improvements to the applications, which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures. Communicates and coordinates with other team leads, business leadership, and project managers to ensure appropriate integration of processes and modules across the enterprise. Identifies requirements with stakeholders; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Leads and manages system upgrades, rollouts and implementations; developing workflows; documenting processes; developing policies and ensuring they are followed.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on the progress of service delivery; takes a customer-centric approach to problem solving; solicits customer feedback to improve service; and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors the systems daily and responds immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures.
- Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment.
- Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in large enterprise systems delivery with leadership or managerial role.
- Experience with managing Microsoft O365
- Experience with Hyland OnBase, TeamDynamix, D2L, and Web Applications
- Experience in higher education.