OPS Dental Assistant (Faculty Practice)
Job no: 515524
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession
Department:34010703 - DN-FACULTY PRACTICE
OPS Dental AssistantJob Description:
The College of Dentistry is recruiting for an OPS Dental Assistant who will be assisting dentists during the examination and treatment of patients, sterilizing instruments, and setting up instrument trays. The OPS Dental Assistant will be responsible for recording medical and dental history and vital signs of patients, setting up and breaking down dental operatories, organizing inventory, and ordering supplies.
Additional duties include:
- Handles all outgoing/ingoing lab cases
- Handles all communication with labs, and doctors regarding cases
- Cleans and restocks bur blocks and cassettes
- Maintains MSDS binder
- Cleans the lab, pours, and trims models
- Enters probing numbers for all hygienist also enter missing/existing
- Helps clean rooms, turn them over, and restock if necessary for the hygienist and dental assistants
- Ensures lab cases are back on time if not communicates with the lab or doctors
- Fills in chairside as needed.
- Fabricating temporary crowns and bridges
- Taking and pouring impressions
- Educating patients on dentist recommendations
- Taking digital x-rays
- Stocking operatories
- Responding to oral, telephonic, and written communication related to patient care
- Performing related clerical duties
$13.50 - $15.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Dental Assistant Certification
- Certification as a Dental Radiographer
- Certification in CPR
- Knowledge of dental terminology, equipment, instruments, materials, and procedures
This requisition will be used to fill multiple positions.
For consideration, please attach a resume and cover letter.
This is a full-time, time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 15 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 22 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time