Laboratory Technician III
Job no: 515536
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Library/Physical/Social Science
Department:29080100 - MD-PATHOLOGY-GENERAL
Advertised: 15 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Laboratory Technician IIIJob Description:
50% - Assists staff to achieve the daily workload goals including enrollment, collection kit creation, specimen receipt, processing, aliquoting, triage, shipping and archival.
10% - Interact directly with sponsors as needed to resolve routine issues.
10% - Maintain all reporting system functions through the daily transfer of data to sponsor data systems.
5% - Oversee activities to ensure the timely procurement of supplies needed to maintain the service goals of unit.
5% - Provide workflow analysis to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
5% - Ensure that service goals are met using audit tools functionality of the UFDiab SYS database.
5% - Responsible for documenting processes and GLP into Standard Operating Procedures.
5% - Oversee the training and compliance of staff to SOP and GLP.
5% - Provide cost analysis for services offered or services to be developed.Expected Salary:
$20.00 - $22.00Minimum Requirements:
Associate's degree in an appropriate area and four years of related experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of related experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in laboratory environment highly preferred.
- Analytical ability to assist in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Organizational skills to maintain flow of laboratory processes and track multiple studies and clients simultaneously.
- Communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of staff (investigators, physicians, OR staff, administrators, gross room staff, technicians, etc.) and external governing agencies.
- Ability to oversee laboratory projects and develop processes and procedures aligned with intended outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and physiology preferred.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required: