Office Specialist, Communications and Marketing (Part Time)
UAHS Equity, Diversity & InclDepartment Website Link:Location:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
UAHS-Tucson, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
This position provides support for the UAHS OEDI Team for use of zoom, virtual platforms, social media, communication and marketing needs. Provides set up, tests, monitors, troubleshoots technology for all classes, workshops, speakers and events. Schedules and conducts testing and troubleshooting in advance, available to troubleshoot during workshops, speaker series and events. Provides training to UAHS OEDI on the use of Zoom tools and other platforms. Makes recording available on-line and as needed. Performs creation and design of marketing materials, communication, social media and website. Provides editorial and research duties to prepare copy for communication and marketing internally and externally.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Significant experience with videoconferencing software, especially Zoom, Webex, Teams, recording and posting video on internet hosting services with audio, video equipment, phones and computers.
- Experience with Adobe, Canva, Issuu, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Researches and suggests other software and platforms.
- Plans, organizes and schedules events, speaker series and workshops.
- Designs and creates announcements, communication & marketing materials for events and workshops. Edits other forms of copy making stylistic, structural and grammatical corrections, and maintains contact with authors, printer, faculty, staff and/or others concerning work.
- May confer with author on content, form, and style, and suggest or perform revisions and illustration; and report and write copy for communication and marketing.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Associate’s, vocational, technical training, Bachelors, or Doctoral degree in the field of study of Communications, marketing, digitalFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
4Career Stream and Level:
Content DevelopmentJob Function:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Lydia Kennedy | [email protected] | 520-626-2490Open Date:
1/15/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
In addition to submitting your Resume and Cover Letter, please include a Reference and Samples of marketing & digital work.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.