POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE, Boston University School of Medicine, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute
POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE, Boston University School of Medicine, Whitaker Cardiovascular InstituteTracking Code2527 Job Description
Seeking a creative and highly motivated postdoctoral and/or research associate to join the lab of Dr. Noyan Gokce, M.D. within the Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute and section of Cardiovascular Medicine at the Boston University School of Medicine and participate in active clinical translational research laboratory elucidating mechanisms of vascular dysfunction in human obesity and metabolic disease. Candidate will be expected to work with human adipose tissue samples performing tissue phenotyping and and gain proficiency in ex vivo videomicroscopy organ chamber techniques, angiogenesis assays, and perform experiments characterizing microvascular function of live arterioles harvested from human adipose tissues of obese and lean subjects
• Doctoral Degree (M.D., Ph.D. or equivalent) with interest in vascular biology and obesity research.
• Experience working with microdissection and basic science skills are considered a major strength and significant area of need.
• Other laboratory techniques such as ex vivo manipulation of primary tissue, PCR, western blots, cell culture, and/or immunohistochemistry will be considered major strengths.
• Critical thinking, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work independently as a member of a team are required.
• Applicants must possess excellent communication skills and be fluent in both spoken and written English.
• Publication(s) (including pending) in peer review journals.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Computer literacy, proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BU WEBSITE:
All application materials should be sent to Dr. Noyan Gokce at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular