STOREKEEPER, Facilities Management and Planning
STOREKEEPER, Facilities Management and PlanningTracking Code9570 Job Description
- Responsible for ordering, receipt, storage and issuance of a high volume of varied trades supplies to support Facilities Management & Operations.
- Performs clerical work of a general warehouse or stockroom nature including receiving, inventorying, storing, accounting for, and issuing supplies, equipment, and materials used by Facilities.
- Maintains, records and logs items received, issued and shipped including description of articles, type and other identifying information items into the enterprise resource planning system (ERP)
- Performs related duties such as loading and unloading items to and from trucks using hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Receives materials, verifying quantity and condition of the product and matching packing slips and bill of ladings.
- Prepare, pick and issue stock to trades workers as required at Stockroom counter, email and by telephone.
- Maintaining adequate levels of stock using our ERP computerized inventory system.
- Place daily orders with various vendors electronically and by telephone.
- Perform daily inventory cycle counts to determine actual amounts on hand, to review and/or reconcile stock variances in quantity.
- Provide system generated reports to upper management including updates and status of ordered material.
- Procure materials, supplies, and equipment and identify substitutions and assure compliance with specifications by contacting vendors or researching catalogs or online.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Facilities Management Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision.
- Must have at least 2-5 years of experience in a fast paced MRO stockroom or trades supply house.
- Must have the ability to identify and locate various trades’ materials including hardware, based on verbal description.
- Must have a high level of computer knowledge and be extremely proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook email.
- Must have working knowledge of ERP/MRO based systems and computerized inventory management systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills + Positive attitude and ability to work well with others + Must be able to multi task daily and pay close attention to detail.
- Experience and/or knowledge relative to establishment and maintenance of a stock level control procedure, such as minimum/maximum quantities, reorder points, volume turnover, and storage justifications
- Strong mathematical ability and measuring skills
- General knowledge of storekeeping methods and practices including packing and shipping a wide variety of commodities.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- 2-5 Experience operating ERP/MRO based systems and computerized inventory management systems.
- Associate Degree.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular