Job ID: 222028
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
9950201 - Custodial Operations
Perform cleaning services for University facilities following established procedures and guidelines in maintenance of buildings, classrooms, offices, lavatories, and restrooms. Conduct cleaning of assigned areas, furnishings and equipment using manual tools and electrically-powered machines.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Secure building when facilities are not in use, check for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows and blinds
- Follow instructions regarding use of chemicals and supplies
- Assist with inventory control and security
- Clean building furnishings (which may require moving of those furnishings) within assigned area by dusting, washing, polishing office furniture and equipment (i.e., desks, chairs, tables, bookcases, file cabinets, and similar fixtures)
- Clean interior walls by removing the adhesive tape, thumb tacks, paper pins, staples, and similar items, and washing and scrubbing (if necessary) the walls with prescribed wall cleaners to remove stains and graffiti
- Remove all recyclable materials from assigned areas by collecting the recyclable materials from various labeled containers; Transport recyclable materials to designated outside recycling dumpsters and empty recyclable materials into dumpsters
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures
- Clean, dust and wipe furniture
- Sweep, mop or vacuum floors
- Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers
- Replace light bulbs
- Assist with set-up and take-down of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences and events
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and finish to hard surface floors
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of work experience
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions or information, such as work orders and cleaning chemical labels
- Ability to complete basic forms and documents
- Ability to train and implement usage of hand-held, precision, and power tools (i.e., brooms, mops, screwdrivers, floor buffers, leaf blowers)
- Ability to orrectly calculate appropriate quantity of chemicals to clean
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
Apply Before Date
April 30, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch and stand throughout shift and occasionally stretch overhead
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Occasionally work from a ladder
- Exposed to outdoor elements, chemicals
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=222028&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency