CAREER CENTER ADVISOR
CAREER CENTER ADVISOR
Posting Number: SRGV4617
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: RCV College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Scope of Job:
Assist students/alumni in self-evaluation related to career options, the development of professional job search skills and securing employment. Responsible for providing specialized individual and group career and job search services to assigned students and alumni.
Description of Duties:
• Provide career and job search related advising on individual basis and group settings to students and alumni.
• Train and mentor Placement Specialists and new Career Center Advisor(s).
• Foster and maintain effective relations with a wide range of corporate, government and non-profit organizations, students and faculty, academic advisors and staff in all colleges.
• Plan, schedule, coordinate, deliver and promote career development workshops, information sessions/tables and career specific events.
• Maintain knowledge of all departmental programs and activities in order to market and promote to students, staff, faculty and employers.
• Work with the International Student Office and employers concerning the recruitment and hiring of international students.
• Participate in student, parent and faculty orientation sessions as needed.
• Provide individual and group advisement for students interested in all departmental programs.
• Develop and market resources available in the Career Center.
• Assist students with professional development by conducting resume/cover letter critiques and job-search strategies; provide guidance regarding application procedures and university policies.
• Identify appropriate library and web-based resources; assist with web page content to promote the department.
• Facilitates placement of students in positions related to their academic major
• Support assigned college’s activities to include, Advisory Boards, student organizations and other activities.
• Conduct employer site visits to develop and maintain relationships and expand employment opportunities, promoting out-of-classroom experience and learning activities related to the students’ academic studies and career direction.
• Collaborate with other Career Center personnel to host recruitment events and activities, including career fairs, information sessions, and employer on and off campus visits.
• Develop and implement an assessment plan for assigned college; maintain data and records needed for monthly and annual reports as well as data required for various accreditation bodies and departmental statistics. Provide assigned college administrators with annual reports.
• Participate in area, state and national business associations and chambers of commerce activities with emphasis on employer development.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources administration, guidance and counseling, business administration, social sciences, or a related field.
Three (3) years related work experience, such as student advising, career development strategies, resume development, marketing, public relations or outreach activities.
Extensive knowledge of career development strategies, resume development and interviewing techniques.
Standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office work environment.
Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. Some evening and /or weekend work and travel may be required. Ability to multi-task.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 08/26/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27101
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency