Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor & Program Director, Nutrition
The School of Health Sciences at Merrimack College is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated full-time non-tenure track faculty and Program Director to join the Nutrition and Public Health department in the Summer/Fall of 2021. This is a ten-month faculty appointment with an additional administrative contract for two summer months. Oversight of the management, coordination, and evaluation as well as communication with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) for a new Master of Science in Nutrition and Human Performance is a primary responsibility of the Program Director. The Program Director would work collaboratively with the Department Chair, Dean and other administrators to manage the academic and personnel functions of the program as well as ensure the budget aligns with program needs. Recruitment, evaluation and advising of students would also part of the Program Directors responsibility. The Program Director working collectively with all program faculty and preceptors, would be responsible for on-going review of the program’s curriculum to meet the accreditation standards and facilitation of processes for continuous program evaluation and competency assessment. Responsibilities as a faculty member would include teaching of undergraduate and graduate nutrition courses, as well as actively participating in departmental and school service opportunities that cultivate community relationships and raise the profile of Merrimack College’s nutrition program.
1. An earned doctoral degree in nutrition or closely related field and have three years professional experience post credentialing preferred OR a master’s degree in nutrition or closely related field and have five years professional experience post credentialing.
2. Current Registered Dietitian (RD) credential from the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
3. Professional experience in sports nutrition is preferred.
4. Current knowledge of the standards for accreditation of RD sponsored by Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
5. Experience managing experiential education placements and/or Dietetic Internships. 6. University teaching experience is preferred.
7. Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication and interpersonal relationships.
8. We are looking for teaching-scholars who have a strong desire for an academic appointment focused on advancing knowledge through the integration of teaching and experiential learning. The ability to serve as student mentors and create immersive learning and professional development experiences is necessary. Candidates will present strong evidence of successful teaching in the classroom.
9. Demonstrated experience with and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
Interested applicants should apply online through Academic Jobs Online. Application materials should include only: a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, and a teaching statement.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
The only Catholic, Augustinian college in New England, Merrimack College is an independent, coeducational institution with more than 4800 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 220-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Mass. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and is placed 35thfor best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in this U.S. News category.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.