PPPL is seeking a Warehouse and Receiving Clerk who will coordinate and organize long-term and short-term storage in laboratory warehouses. The position supports receiving functions as well as mail and package delivery to all areas of the laboratory.
Job ID: 2021-12316
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Management and Physical Plant
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
- 30% - Assist Laboratory personnel with storage of records, furniture, materials, equipment, and supplies. Stage, load and deliver or collect records, furniture, equipment, supplies, and hazardous materials to Laboratory staff at various locations. Complete required documentation.
- 10% - Performs forklift operations inside and outside of warehouse.
- 10% - Works with Excess Property Coordinator for proper disposition of equipment, materials and spare parts.
- 10% - Provide administrative control for stored materials and equipment. Prepare, conduct and document inventories of stored items in accordance with PPPL procedures and Federal regulations. Perform annual reviews and reporting of equipment and materials in a timely fashion to meet DOE requirements.
- 20% - Assist in Receiving process of purchase orders, BPA’s, P-Card purchases and other transactions to include proper tagging of property and contacting individuals for required reviews prior to property release. Performs required data entry of transactions in Business computer system according to Federal and DOE requirements. Investigates and coordinates discrepant receipts with Procurement and Accounting, as needed.
- 5% - Collect, sort and deliver inter-office, main campus, and U.S. mail following scheduled route and operating a government/off-road vehicle. Prepares and reviews outbound mail to ensure compliance to US postal regulations. Updates mail meter for general maintenance and applied cost.
- 5% - Sort, stage, load and deliver inbound packages, equipment, supplies, and hazardous materials to Lab staff at various locations. Schedules deliveries as needed.
- 5% - Has knowledge of and supports Laboratory ES&H requirements and consistently applies them to daily operations. Encourages others to be safety conscious and observe safety rules including the use of safety equipment and performing and documenting operator daily check lists (ODCL)for daily equipment inspections and reporting. Reviews work for environmental impacts. Complies with DOE and ES&H directives and OSHA standards. Reports all ES&H problems, violations or concerns to appropriate individual. 5%
- 5% - Perform equipment and material searches and inventory of items, various other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED. Valid State Driver License and ability to operate government vehicles, forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Minimum of two years experience in warehouse operations to include storage, distribution, receiving and inventory processes.
- Minimum of two years knowledge/experience with integrated database management systems, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel (Microsoft Office Suite) and other desktop computer applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA, FPMR, GSA, EPA and DOE directives.
- Ability to initiate and manage accurate and precise records of warehouse to include receipts and storage manifests.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, position requires frequent bending and lifting.
- Strong communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize and meet reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training for position, located on the Material Services Training Matrix.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment and to successfully complete PPPL operator’s qualification training.
- Valid state driver license and a favorable driving record.
- Position requires employee to work in awkward positions, bend, climb, lift and move heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) daily. Some work is required outside during inclement weather.
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.