Electronic Security Sys Spec
Electronic Security Systems SpecialistUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Electronic Security Sys SpecLocation:
Facilities OperationsRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$3,440 - 3,541.66Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
- Prior IT experience and strong computer skills
- Basic electronics knowledge of circuits, relays, and wiring
- Experience using electronic test equipment, hand tools, and telecommunications equipment
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, and work under limited supervision
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively with customers or end users
- Experience evaluating, designing, and implementing electronic security technologies
- A proven experience in low voltage wiring including code requirements, installations, troubleshooting, and working with access control hardware.
- Possesses C-bord certification or willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of key control systems – specifically Morse Watchmen
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical lock and keying systems
- Experience in higher education and/or government
- Proficiency using e-mail and portable electronic communication devices
- Experience using AiM and SAP
Electronic Security Systems Specialist provides maintenance and support of technology and access-related equipment. Ensures campus door and gate electronic access control system hardware are maintained properly. Performs preventative maintenance tasks on electronic locking systems to reduce premature equipment failures. Performs locksmith tasks including installation, re-keying, preventative maintenance, and repairs to lock and key systems on the University campus.Job Duties:
- Provides maintenance and support of technology and access-related equipment
- Implements lock/key structure and access control system program, ensuring accountability, inventory, documentation, and security of keys and key systems
- Performs locksmith tasks including installation, re-keying, and repairs to lock and key systems
- Performs preventative maintenance on electronic locking systems
- Completes work orders as assigned
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment & operate and maintain university vehicle
- Performs other duties as assigned
01/14/2021Open Until Filled:
YesNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.Quick Link: