Campus Recruiter: Cybersecurity Workforce Certification Training Program
001885Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesWorking Title:
Campus Recruiter: Cybersecurity Workforce Certification Training ProgramPosition Designation:
EHRA Non-FacultyEmployment Type:
Time Limited - Full-timeMonths per Year:
Monday – Friday; 8am-5pmHours per week:
College of Engineering (Col)Work Location:
50,000-51,000Primary Purpose of Department:
The mission of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at UNC Charlotte is to develop human and intellectual resources in all disciplines of Electrical and Computer Engineering and their applications in order to foster technological, economic, and social growth in the Charlotte region, the State of North Carolina, and beyond.Primary Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Principal Investigator, Cybersecurity Workforce Certification Training Program, the Campus Recruiter will work proactively to recruit, enroll, support, and help provide job placement to participants by providing robust support in career development, job search and placement. This position will network with employers, faculty, staff, students, graduates, alumni, and other staff from other colleges participating in the National Security Agency (NSA) grant partners to promote the Cybersecurity Workforce Certification Training Program (CWCT). The Campus Recruiter will also provide leadership to the workforce alignment staff in developing and maintaining robust services to program participants. Assesses individual situations and circumstances and creates, implements, and monitors recommendations, partnering with internal/external organizations and resources that meet participant needs.Summary of Position Responsibilities:
• Supports CWCT faculty and student support staff; Completes administrative activities such as assessment, operations planning, data management, and reporting.; Researches best practices and peer institutions and market/economic conditions and recommends changes and enhancements to improve administrative effectiveness, services and/or resources. Such events take place both during regular business hours and after hours (evenings and weekends).
• Assesses needs of students and facilitates access to appropriate career services and resources; Consults with student affairs, academic departments, student organizations and administrative offices to exchange information regarding academic and career opportunities.
• Delivers outreach activities to meet recruitment, completion and placement outcomes; Recruit on behalf of UNCC, sharing and selling the benefits of the university in order to increase the number of inquiries and applicants to the university along with the conversion of those inquiries and applicants to help move students through the enrollment process.
• Manage, effectively track and recruit potential student groups with the use of a client relationship management (CRM) tool. Use the CRM to assess the effectiveness of various recruitment efforts and make adjustments based on intake and conversion numbers.
• Work closely with internal UNCC personnel to coordinate overall recruitment opportunities effectively. Such personnel may include: marketing departments, college coaches, campus cabinet, chairs for the School of IT, workforce alignment, and career development. Assist with the development and inventory management of admissions and recruitment related materials and disseminate such materials in coordination with other regional and statewide communications and recruitment efforts.
• Develop industry relations on potential apprentice, internship, and full time job positions for training participants. Conducts career exploration and skill development workshops and networking events on topics of interest and relevance to constituencies. Advises participants on career goals, skill development needs, job search strategies, and other career related issues.
• Communicate in a timely and professional manner with all internal and external points of contact.
• The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred, in business, information technology, marketing, social work, or higher educationPreferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Minimum of one to two years of relevant sales experience preferred. Minimum of one to two years of higher education experience preferred. Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects. Must possess excellent “people” skills including working successfully with diverse populations, including (but not limited to) college and school personnel, teachers and prospective students. Must possess skills and experience in public speaking. Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time. Previous computer experience is required. Experience using bilingual skills preferred, particularly Spanish, in a business or education environment.
Must possess a willingness and an ability to travel and work a flexible schedule that includes frequent evenings and weekends. Must have reliable mode of transportationSpecial Notes to Applicants:
The finalist will be subject to a criminal background check.
Applicants must apply electronically at https://jobs.uncc.edu.
Applicants should submit a
1) cover letter
2) complete resume
3) contact information for at least three references
01/14/2021Open Until Filled:
YesProposed Hire Date:
02/01/2021If time-limited please indicate appointment end date: