Senior Salesforce Administrator
DescriptionUniversity Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado’s four campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service, technical expertise, and the development of enterprise applications responsible for supporting CU’s students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.The Senior Salesforce Administrator provides configuration, technical support, and software development in the area of Salesforce enterprise systems. This position works collaboratively across functional areas and project teams as a subject matter expert on topics including, but not limited to: solutions architecture (including development, definition, and implementation), integrations support for Salesforce, application program interfaces (APIs), leads selection and creation of tools, and architectural templates and patterns.This position reports to the Program Director, Salesforce Strategy and Implementation and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified System.Duties and ResponsibilitiesDuties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for development, configuration, design, functionality, and end-user support of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Liaise with both technical and functional staff to plan, deploy, and support new customer relationship management (CRM) functions and related tools, working together to enhance technology solutions.
- Manage daily technical operations related to CRM technology support.
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, triggers, custom workflows, approval processes, installed packages, etc. within Salesforce.com.
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings, etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules, and Security).
- Support architectural and development guidelines and best practices.
- Manage the integration of applications connected to Salesforce.com.
- Identify process gaps and implement process changes.
- Implement major architectural changes, including new object models and programmatic and declarative solutions.
- Work closely with Information Systems to build robust and scalable integrations and shared data models
- Manage data migration and deployment, data imports, database de-duping, and cleanup.
- Develop and refine Salesforce reporting for marketing, recruitment, and student support.
- Tests, documents, and maintains websites and web applications.
- Utilizes current industry-accepted standards, best-practices, and tools to develop accessible, sustainable, and scalable code and products.
- Supports Project Management Office (PMO) projects as requested or assigned.
- Assists in defining project scope, schedule, and deliverables for salesforce projects.
- Supports leadership team initiatives as requested or assigned.
- Works with information technology (IT) counterparts on updating and developing systems and tools for maintaining and monitoring infrastructure, maintaining data security, and maximizing up-time and availability.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Google Analytics
- Toad / SQL
- Remote Desktop
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
- Knowledge of Salesforce applications, administration, configuration, and information technology (IT) best practices
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools, including standard Salesforce reporting functionality
- Ability to recognize key design, implementation, and process issues and proactively craft solutions.
- Strong technical skills related to Salesforce and associated technologies, and the ability to learn and apply new technologies as needed
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines, manage appointments, create schedules, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and make decisions
- Oral, written, and listening communication skills, including the ability to accurately interpret what others are saying and convey messages, information, concepts, and details clearly
- Customer service skills, including the ability to actively listen, address customer needs, defuse tense situations, and maintain an open, flexible, and friendly demeanor
- Ability to produce effective written materials, organize resources and establish priorities
- Ability to translate university organizational needs into functional user interface on Salesforce platform and create necessary solutions as needs evolve.
- Ability to efficiently support end-users with expertise and training.
- Ability to implement and launch new Salesforce orgs and multiple Salesforce products, as well as serve as a subject-matter expert for the Salesforce suite of services
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to examine and summarize data and trends in order to resolve issues and produce results
- Ability to resolve technical issues and explain solutions to technical and non-technical staff in a higher education setting.
- Ability to discern requirements and perform rigorous analysis to determine appropriate design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be proactive in ensuring proper availability of systems/services
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Salesforce CRM system administrator, which includes administration, configuration, and implementation
- 5 years’ experience as a Salesforce CRM system administrator as indicated above, which may also include:
- Two (2) years of professional experience deploying programmatic solutions with Salesforce developers, and implementing integrations
- Experience working with the Salesforce Education Data Architecture (EDA)
- Experience deploying Salesforce tools in a university environment
- Experience in applying Salesforce best practices through all phases: initial design, system maintenance, security, data integrity, duplicates, backups, etc.
- Experience with Agile project management
- Salesforce Certification(s), such as an administrator or advanced administrator certification
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jan 14, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing