Assistant Professor- Gastroenterologist
University of Colorado – School of MedicineGastroenterologist (Assistant Professor) The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado’s Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the Department of Medicine, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is an internationally renowned program that provides comprehensive resources for the diagnosis and therapy of diseases of the digestive tract, pancreas and liver. The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology has faculty and staff making contributions to research, clinical trials, and nationally recognized patient care. Gastroenterology & GI Surgery is one of the top ranked in the United States and our clinical partner, the University of Colorado Hospital, and is in the top hospitals nationwide as ranked by U.S. News and World Report. The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology is rapidly growing, with clinical practices throughout the state of Colorado and over 80 researchers, physicians and staff, all working toward its vision to prevent and treat disease while being a global model for patient care delivery, interdisciplinary research, and training. As an important member of the clinical team, the Gastroenterologist will have outpatient clinical responsibilities, including clinic consultations and endoscopic procedures, inpatient attending, and teaching duties. The gastroenterologist will see will see outpatients at UCH and/or ancillary facilities at least 4 days per week (1.5 day outpatient clinic consultations, 2.5 days outpatient endoscopy). Additionally, they will provide inpatient GI consultative services on the luminal inpatient GI consult service 2-6 weeks per year. This position will take an equal share of division call. This position communicates appropriately and effectively with study subjects, investigators, and other team members and has outstanding customer service skills and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.Examples of Work Performed
- A medical degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine
- Board eligible in Gastroenterology
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain, an active State of Colorado medical license
- Must have an active DEA license on or before hire date
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records, such Epic
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service and patient relations skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and work independently
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the professional medical practice to give and evaluate patient care in the gastroenterology clinic.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide on-going patient care.
- Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpreting findings.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and their family members, medical staff, residents, fellows, medical students, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jan 14, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing