DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Department of PediatricsSection of Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant-Cellular TherapeuticsAssistant ProfessorPosition #00651944 – Requisition #19850
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Depa
rtment of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant-Cellular Therapeutics has an opening for a full-time Assistant Professor position. Nature of Work:
The successful candidate will have a schedule in which s/he works with other attending physicians and physician-scientists in Pediatric Hematology to supervise advance practice providers, fellows, and residents in organizing each day’s inpatient rounds, procedures, and family conferences, conduct outpatient clinics, and develop clinical/translational research projects that advance the academic, teaching and clinical missions of the School of Medicine. There is dedicated time for academic activity in Clinical, Translational, or basic science research in any of the specialties for the Section, or other interests as developed by the candidate and agreed upon by the Section leadership. You will have approximately 50% of your time spent conducting research, 25% in administration and program development and 25% of your time spent as a faculty member practicing Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant independently in the clinical setting. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:Research Responsibilities:
Clinical Job Responsibilities:
- The candidate for this position is responsible for developing and carrying out research projects in pediatric hematology as an independent investigator;
- The candidate in this position will manage and supervise residents, fellows, graduate students, professional research associates, technicians, and other staff members in the conduct of his/her research projects;
- The candidate in this position will develop and supervise his/her overall research direction and organization, maintaining fiscal responsibility for grant and expenditure management, equipment and supplies.
- Approximately 4-6 weeks/year coverage as the attending physician responsible for oversight of the Hematology clinical service. Current allocation is 5-6 weeks per year for a 0.2-0.25 cFTE, and may be adjusted based on patient and staffing volumes, additional grant funding to decrease clinical work load and similar adjustments;
- Shared holiday and weekend call with other Hem/Onc/BMT faculty members. Current allocation is approximately 5-6 weekends per year, and may be adjusted based on patient and staffing volumes, additional grant funding to decrease clinical work load and similar adjustments;
- Shared coverage in Procedure Clinics for routine outpatient procedures on heme/onc/BMT-CT patients prorated according to cFTE and a minimum of 6 (six) procedure half-days per calendar year;
- Shared coverage of Hem/Onc/BMT outpatient clinics at Children's Hospital Colorado and the Hemophilia Thrombosis Center, which may also include occasional clinic coverage at the South Campus site or off-site outreach clinics.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $152,200 to $166,400.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Conditions of Employment:
- MD or DO
- Successful completion of an American Board of Pediatrics Accredited Fellowship in pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Board eligible in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology;
- American Board of Pediatrics sub-board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology certification within 5 (five) years of completing fellowship;
- Active or ability to attain and maintain an unrestricted Colorado state medical license and DEA certification;
- At least two years of fellowship experience independently managing and caring for pediatric hematology, oncology, and/or bone marrow transplant patients in an academic medical setting/practice.
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado;
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check;
- Continuous Maintenance of Board Certification(s) is required after employment;
- Must meet all Children’s Hospital Colorado credentialing requirements and continuous active medical staff status.
- Must maintain a current Colorado State Medical License and DEA certification.
Competencies:Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to independently care for and manage complex Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT patients in an academic setting.Outstanding customer service skills, team-based patient care, and ability to meet productivity targets are expected.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hireJob Category:
- At least 2 years of experience in care of pediatric hematology/oncology/BMT patients;
- Qualified to receive sustained independent funding of clinical research or laboratory work;
- Preference given to candidates who have secured at least one cycle of renewed research funding
Jan 14, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University