Business Services Coordinator
Temporary Staff (SHRA)Job Title:
Business Services CoordinatorDepartment Name:
VC for Res - 620100Vacancy ID:
S017066Position Posting Category:
$18.00 - $22.00 per hourFull-time/Part-time:
Full-Time TemporaryIf part-time, how many hours per week?:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PMEstimated Duration of Appointment:
6 months not to exceed 11 monthsPosting Open Date:
11/04/2020Posting Close Date:
01/19/2021Description of Work:
The Business Services Coordinator will provide oversight and support in the execution of the budget and expense to a specific portfolio consisting of Principal Investigators and/or Center/Institute Directors. This support will include post-award and financial management of all fund types. This position will provide support for finance and post-award activities by independently reviewing and approving transactions, reconciling and reporting on various fund types, providing personnel and non-personnel projections, and acting as a liaison with central offices and sponsors.
The total annual budget managed by this position will be up to $7.5 million with annual expenditures up to $2.5 million. This position will examine budgets and expenditures for compliance with applicable state, federal and agency laws. This position will provide consultation, technical assistance, and coordination of post-award and financial management processes that will utilize multiple funding sources.
This position completes or evaluates methodologies used in the preparation of program spending forecasts and provides technical assistance to improve the accuracy of projections. The position will review program, policy, and rule changes to determine their fiscal and program impact and to assure compliance with state, federal and agency requirements. This position will identify risk and adverse issues generated in budget and program activities and present appropriate issues and suggest recommendations/solutions to management. Professional technical knowledge and analytical skills will assure that goals and outcomes are provided with effective support.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Knowledge of how to interpret regulations and guidelines from a wide variety of funding agencies.
- Professional interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
- At least one year of experience maintaining with financial management of sponsored research (post-award), state, F&A, trust, and other fund types.
- Knowledge of how to interpret regulations and guidelines relating to UNC-CH and a wide variety of funding agencies, including state, federal, and foundations.
- Experience with UNC-CH systems (e.g., RAMSeS, ConnectCarolina/PeopleSoft, Infoporte, and ecrt).
- Extensive experience creating spreadsheets and developing formulas in Excel.
- Experience managing or providing work direction to clients/customers.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA Funded:
NoTemporary Employment Policies: