Temporary Staff (SHRA)Job Title:
Accounting TechnicianDepartment Name:
VC for Res - 620100Vacancy ID:
S017063Position Posting Category:
$20.00 - $24.00 per hourFull-time/Part-time:
Full-Time TemporaryWork Schedule:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PMEstimated Duration of Appointment:
6 months not to exceed 11 monthsPosting Open Date:
11/04/2020Posting Close Date:
01/19/2021Description of Work:
The Accounting Technician will provide oversight and support in the execution of routine transactional accounting and personnel functions for one or more Centers/Institutes. This support will include finance, post-award, and payroll activities by independently reviewing and processing the various transaction types. This position will review effort certification statements for the supporting units. As such, this position will also act as a liaison with central offices. This position is responsible for ensuring all supporting documentation is stored electronically on OneDrive. As such, the position will evaluate program, policy, and rule changes to determine their impact on existing systems and to assure compliance with University requirements.
For overall compliance purposes, this position will examine expenditures for accordance with applicable University, state, federal and agency laws. This position will provide consultation, technical assistance, and coordination of expenses that utilize multiple funding sources. This position will identify risk and adverse issues generated in expense activities, present appropriate issues and recommend solutions to management. Professional technical knowledge in the area of sponsored research and other fund types will assure that goals and outcomes are provided with effective support.Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of analyzing data for accuracy, problem solving, and interpreting regulations.
- Sound basic math and algebraic skills.
- Knowledge of how to interpret regulations and guidelines from a wide variety of funding agencies.
- Professional interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Two or more years of experience maintaining accounting records or separate accounts receivable/payable and payroll functions involving sponsored research, state, F&A, trust, and other fund types.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, accounting, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of how to interpret regulations and guidelines relating to UNC-CH and a wide variety of funding agencies, including state, federal, and foundations.
- Experience with UNC-CH systems (e.g., RAMSeS, ConnectCarolina/PeopleSoft, Infoporte, and ecrt).
- Experience managing or providing work direction to clients/customers.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA Funded:
NoTemporary Employment Policies: