Visiting Assistant Professors of Nursing, 2 Year Full-Time Term Appointments
The Department of Nursing at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University invites applications for two full-time, 2-year fixed term faculty positions with potential of renewal. The positions begin August 2021.
The Department of Nursing has an engaged team of 14 teacher-scholars who have a broad range of specializations and certifications. Small class sizes and hands-on learning are the norm in both introductory and advanced nursing classes, labs, and clinical. Our recently renovated simulation laboratory offers state-of-the-art technology to enhance student learning. https://www.csbsju.edu/nursing.
The College of Saint Benedict (CSB), a liberal arts college for women, and Saint John's University (SJU), a liberal arts college for men, are located in the central lakes area of Minnesota, surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of pristine forests, prairies, and lakes. The campuses are minutes away from St. Cloud, an increasingly diverse regional center with a population of over 100,000, and 70 miles from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some CSB/SJU faculty and staff choose to reside locally, while others commute from the Twin Cities. Both St. Cloud and the Twin Cities offer a wide range of fine arts, cultural, dining, recreational, and sporting opportunities.
CSB/SJU are Catholic colleges in the Benedictine tradition enlivened by values of community, hospitality, stewardship, and justice. The schools are dedicated to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. Students, staff and faculty from many diverse belief systems and backgrounds collectively bring a rich dimension to the academic, cultural, and religious experience at CSB/SJU. We welcome faculty who devote themselves with passion and integrity to their disciplines and to a transformative education of their students. Please view our brochure regarding Higher Education in the Catholic and Benedictine Tradition.
With a total enrollment of approximately 3,300 students, faculty members develop relationships with students in small classroom settings and have opportunities to work closely with students on research projects, experiential learning experiences, and study abroad programs. The recent initiatives to create a dynamic general education curriculum and to develop plans for a new teaching and learning center demonstrate strong institutional support for faculty development. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu.
Institutional Commitment to Diversity
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University believe that an excellent liberal arts education requires an understanding and appreciation of cultural difference. Please view our Institutional Statement on Diversity.
CSB/SJU offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program.
- Provide clinical, classroom, and laboratory instruction, simulation design and implementation while working with a faculty course team.
- Participate in student academic advising.
- Engage in nursing scholarship as defined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and guidelines established by Boyer.
- Engage in department service and/or governance responsibilities.
- Master's degree in nursing
- Possess an unencumbered Minnesota RN license or be eligible to receive by August 2021
- Adult Medical-Surgical expertise, with recent clinical experience in acute care
- Clinical teaching experience in acute care
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Experience working with diverse populations and commitment to inclusive practices in the classroom and workplace
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- A doctoral degree in nursing or a related field (PhD, EdD, or DNP) with graduate level education coursework in assessment and evaluation
- Baccalaureate teaching experience with didactic, laboratory, online, and recent clinical teaching experience
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of the liberal arts and sciences in providing holistic nursing care.
- Experience in simulation design, implementation, debriefing, and evaluation, including experience with simulation equipment and software
- Specialty certification in one or more of the following: An adult nursing focus area; nursing education (Certified Nurse Educator); healthcare simulation (Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator); and/or clinical nursing education (Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator)
- Knowledge of baccalaureate nursing education measures (CCNE Accreditation Standards, CCNE Essentials of Baccalaureate Nursing Education, and the NCLEX-RN test plan with proposed Next Generation changes)
- Engagement in scholarship activities, student advising, professional organization membership, and service
To apply online, please visit http://employment.csbsju.edu. Candidates are asked to complete the faculty application and to submit the following application materials:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of your teaching philosophy, including how you will integrate diversity and support inclusion for all students
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as peer and student testimonials, course evaluations or other
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial graduate school transcripts; official transcript required upon hire
Review of applications will begin March 1, 2021.
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers.