About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Campus Title: Systems Analyst
State Job Title: Staff Assistant
Department: Information Technology Services
Job Code: HA5600
FLSA Status: Exempt
Funding: 7115-0100 (State Funds)
Bargaining Unit: APA
Job Type: Full-Time
Timeframe: 52 Weeks
Shift: 9 a.m. -5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Regular Days Off: Saturday and Sunday
Supervision Received: The Systems Analyst reports to the Director of Administrative Systems.
Supervision Exercised: None
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 (Salary to commensurate w/ experience)
General Statement of Duties:
The Systems Analyst assists both the Director of Administrative Systems and the Database Administrator in the planning, creating, scheduling, implementing, and/or training of programming additions, deletions, and/or changes to administrative computing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the PL/SQL language as it relates to Banner and Oracle platforms.
- Develops/modifies complex scripts to import, export and/or repair data within the appropriate Banner module assigned - general, finance, fixed assets, student, accounts receivable, inventory control, financial aid, alumni, web for faculty and staff arenas.
- Develops/maintains database views, triggers, functions and packages where applicable in conjunction with the Database Administrator and Systems Administrator
- May provide technical support for in-house programs and purchased packages, with such support including evaluation of documentation, maintenance of source code.
- Develops reporting objects for the InfoAssist reporting platform.
- Design, test, and implement computer programs that are required to meet the University's reporting requirements with internal and external agencies.
- Maintains documentation on applications developed and modified.
- Familiarity interfacing ASCII/text files into external systems.
- Trains users on the latest technical/functional features in the Banner systems or in-house applications developed.
- The ability to develop/revise data reports within the University's WebFOCUS reporting environment.
- Assist the Ellucian Recruit Administrator with data and configuration issues
- Assists Reporting Analyst supporting the WebFOCUS administrative components.
- Assist Portal Manager with myWestfield support.
- Develop and support integrations to myWestfield for supported applications.
- Develop, program and support for fixed assets, student billing, students accounts applications and 1098 processing and maintenance.
- Administration and support of fixed assets tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant professional certification
- 2 years progressive experience with Ellucian Banner
- Android development experience
- 2-3 years of experience with C-Sharp
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
An on-line application is required. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. .
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=123607&CNTRNO=13&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency