A search committee chaired by President Gayle D. Beebe is seeking a Provost for Westmont College. The second highest-ranking administrator at the college, the Provost serves as a member of the Executive Team. As the senior administrator of the entire educational program of the college, the Provost is also Dean of Faculty, with primary responsibility for the academic program, and, in coordination with the Vice President for Student Life, ensures a vibrant partnership between the curricular and co-curricular programs of the college.
The Provost must embody and articulate the character of the college as stated in our mission statement and lived out within our community. This individual must be animated by an authentic and vital personal Christian faith and an excitement about the quest for truth pursued through a traditional liberal arts curriculum.
The successful candidate will be a mature Christian who:
- Affirms joyfully and in full Westmont’s Statement of Faith;
- Affirms fully in word and deed Westmont’s Community Life Statement;
- Models a passion for the unity and diversity of the body of Christ as expressed in Westmont’s Biblical and Theological Foundations of Diversity statement; and
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of and commitment to the classical Liberal Arts.
- Has a minimum of five years of academic leadership experience in a Provost, Associate Provost, Dean, Department Chair or other significant leadership role in higher education.
For more information, see the full announcement of the position.
Submit applications by March 15, 2021, on the Westmont website using the Westmont College Staff Online Application Form.
Apply for Provost
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly