Director of Institutional Effectiveness & Planning
1. Develop, implement and direct District-wide institutional planning and effectiveness operations and activities; provide District-wide leadership, vision and oversight for strategic planning and related efforts including the program review process. Develop and monitor the College’s Balanced Scorecard and present its finding and recommendations to the President’s, Cabinet, and Board of Trustees.
2. Plan, organize, control and direct operations and activities involved in the research, review, analysis, interpretation and reporting of a variety of data and information used in assessing institutional effectiveness, college planning, accreditation, decision-making, grant proposals, program reviews, student learning outcomes, and determining implications of College practices, policies, and procedures.
3. Work with the Accreditation Liaison Officer, academic leadership, and program directors in efforts to support ongoing college and program accreditation including quality initiatives. Prepare reports for accreditation visits and oversee submission of required institutional data reports.
4. Provide general support for College assessment, accreditation and quality improvement activities in College units. Work collaboratively with academics to develop, measure and analyze learning outcomes and with all units to develop, measure and analyze performance metrics. Maintain and distribute data, studies, or research that is compliant, accessible and comprehensive in support of activities.
5. Coordinate decision-making support and reporting systems and procedures to meet legal requirements and District needs, goals and objectives; design systems, tools and measures; and, provide related training and assistance to faculty and staff.
6. Serve as chair of the data governance cross-functional team and lead efforts to develop and maintain a data standards system, process, and resource manual ensuring accurate, reliable, and consistent institutional data.
7. Administer the coordination, development, and implementation of surveys and studies in support of District needs, goals and objectives; perform analysis and preparation of reports based on these surveys.
8. Manage the departmental budget and monitor associated expenses for areas of direct supervision. Provide input for planning and budget development to include current expense, major equipment, and College initiative requests.
9. Recruit, hire, orient, supervise, and lead overall operations of institutional effectiveness, assessment, organizational excellence, College planning, and program effectiveness. Create and oversee processes, projects, and committees necessary to accomplish the work.
10. Attend, at the discretion of the College President and/or other senior leaders, college administrative meetings, work team meetings, and Advisory committee meeting to provide leadership and guidance on College data and strategic planning. Represent the College at federal, state and local meetings, seminars and/or conferences related to institutional research taking a leadership role where appropriate. Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in business, social/behavioral science, education or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Five years of professional experience in institutional assessment and effectiveness, strategic planning, program assessment, institutional research, data and statistical analysis, data mining and reporting.
3. Three years of leadership/supervisory experience.
4. Experience with ERP systems and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Demonstrated ability to use a variety of software tools, including SQL, to extract, analyze and report on data from multiple data sources.
6. Demonstrated ability to present data using visualization and analysis software for qualitative and quantitative analysis (SPSS, Excel, Tableau, SAS, and/or Python).
7. Skill and experience in collecting, verifying and working with research data; proficiency with statistical software packages.
8. Thorough understanding of educational research and reporting requirements and processes. Experience researching and compiling IPEDS and other state and federal reports.
9. Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers.
11. Ability to work in a team-based, highly participative environment.
12. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.