Coordinator, Football Alumni and High School Relations
Administration and AthleticsLocation:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position will act as the primary liaison with the high school coaches and administrators around the country. In addition, this position will work in conjunction with the A-Club for all Football specific efforts.
The University’s strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts and other venues of its 21-sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pac-12 Conference. For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the recruiting process
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Serve as primary liaison with high school coaches and administrators around the country.
- Create communication, outreach, and partnerships with high school coaches and administrators.
- Develop a national network for recruiting relations with key Football alumni ambassadors.
- This position will work in conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director, Alumni Letterwinners/A-Club for all Football specific efforts including but not limited to:
- Streamline and enhance communication, procedures, and outreach in line with the A-Club’s effortsServe as the alumni liaison on Football game days and open practicesServe as host for alumni and their families visiting the Tucson community and the University of Arizona Serve as the alumni liaison for away-game stewardship and ticketsServe as primary liaison football facilities tours and campus visitsEnhance outreach and programming for Arizona Letterwinners in the NFL
- Support Director of Players Personnel in development metric driven systems to analyze athletics and academic performance of prospective student-athletes.
- Support Director of Player Development efforts in mentorship and career and personal development with alumni-focused initiatives
- Represent the football program at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events (including Football alumni weekend and Homecoming) in Arizona and around the country
- Support all on campus recruiting activities
- Enhance partnerships and relationships within the Tucson community
- All other duties as required relative to support of the Football Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Dedication and motivation to initiate, lead and support value-added projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Pac-12 and University of Arizona rules and compliance
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities and successfully manage multiple priority projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Master’s Degree
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
40 hours + Nights and WeekendsJob FTE:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Derek van der Merwe
1/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter,and the answers to the following questions as the Additional Document. ThankYou.
1. Describe your knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulationsrelating to academics, satisfactory progress, and eligibility.
2. Please list below any experience you have had since 2015 with high school orcollege student-athletes. This includes working or volunteering in any capacitywith a high school, AAU, sports club, junior college or 4-year institutionstudent-athlete, athletics team or department.
3. Applicants for this position are subject to the following NCAA Bylaws11.4.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.4.3, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.4.4, 184.108.40.206, and220.127.116.11. You may be asked about these Bylaws in an interview, and you may beasked to sign a future affirmation confirming the same prior to or upon youremployment by The University of Arizona, if you are selected for employment. Doyou understand that by submitting your application for employment you areaffirming that you have read these Bylaws, and that such Bylaws would notpreclude your employment by The University of Arizona?
4. Are you the parent, coach, relative or guardian of a prospective student-athlete(i.e., student in 9-12 grade or 7–12 grade for men’s basketball or juniorcollege student) in the sport of men’s basketball, women’s basketball orfootball or have any other type of association with any prospectivestudent-athlete in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball orfootball? If yes, please explain.
5. Is your potential employment within the athletic department conditioned uponthe enrollment of any prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade,7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sport of men'sbasketball, women's basketball or football? If Yes, please explain.
6. Do you understand that failure to disclose any information related to youraffiliation with a prospective student-athlete (student in 9-12 grade, 7-12grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sports of football, men'sbasketball or women's basketball might render your application ineligible forconsideration?
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.