Administrative Support Assistant III
Health Promotion SciencesDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Health Promotion Sciences is seeking a qualified Admin Support Assistant to join their team. This position will perform critical functions in supporting the department with daily activities. The position requires initiative, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate closely with Department Chair, faculty, and staff.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate departmental daily operations that support the department and college education and academic missions.
- Work with department chair and program directors to plan and prioritize activities within the department and programs to meet deadlines.
- Provide administrative support to Department Chair and Program Directors for departmental and program business affairs, such as timesheet approval, leave and absence requests, hiring, annual performance review, P&T review and teaching evaluation following University policies and procedures.
- Support faculty teaching activities including course offerings, textbook ordering and new program development.
- Serve as a primary reference source to assist department faculty to carry out their academic activities.
- Schedule department and program meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Purchase departmental supplies and manage department properties.
- Monitor department budgets and allocations of resources.
- Assist faculty for travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Serve as a liaison between faculty, staff, students, UA organizations, outside agencies and the public to assure courteous and professional communications, and timely responses to message information or request.
- Work with proper offices and individuals in our College and University to promote faculty’s work and department businesses.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to Department and Program operations to ensure efficiencies and compliance with University and regulatory agencies policies and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
Experience with UA policies and systems.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 - $22.36Compensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
1/31/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Scott Carvajal | [email protected]Open Date:
1/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.