Human Resources Representative
Eller AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Eller College of Management seeks a responsible, collaborative, and proactive individual to join its administrative team as Human Resources Representative. The person in this position will support human resources (HR) activities for the College. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively within a complex environment with a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion, initiative, independence, and organization. The staff of the Eller College of Management uphold a culture of accuracy, integrity, efficiency, timeliness, and professional consistency. As representatives of the University of Arizona’s business school, Eller Administration aims to provide leadership in business procedures and sets high standards while supporting six academic departments, two program units, and multiple centers. Notes: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Due to COVID-19 safety measures, this position will initially require remote work, but is expected to return to in-office during regular business hours.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Manage HR-related Projects - Examples include:
- Work with all college departments to identify position needs, hone job descriptions, and craft effective job postings.
- Review all postings and offer letters for the college.
- Train business managers and other users of the recruitment system.
- Manage facilitator-related issues at the college level, coordinating across departments to meet rapidly changing needs.
- Assist all college departments to identify ways to effectively support faculty and students, primarily focusing on the needs of online programs.
- Advise departments on appropriate position and compensation options to cover facilitation duties.
• Advise department heads, business managers, and others on university policies and procedures with primary emphasis on areas related to HR.
• Serve as college leave coordinator and advise supervisors and employees regarding options, paid leave available, etc.
• Serve as college approver on HR-related transactions, including job changes, payment requests, position distributions, and DCCs.
• Train business managers in how to use the UAccess employee system, submit transactions, and provide adequate documentation.
• Manage OPS approvals in college, track through completion of processing, and continually work to improve the process.
• Monitor time sheet approvals in all college departments, sending reminders as needed
• Serve as back-up time approver in department 3001
• Assist with resolving exceptions
• Bachelor's degree in HR, business or related-field or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience with UAccess Systems: Employee, Financials, Student, and Analytics. • Experience in UA HR policies and procedures. • Experience working in a UA academic department or research center.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Human ResourcesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $52,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
HR GeneralistsJob Function:
Human ResourcesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Marci Hill [email protected]Open Date:
1/13/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.