GENERAL MECHANIC,BUMC Facilities Management
GENERAL MECHANIC,BUMC Facilities ManagementTracking Code3328 Job Description
- Initiative to independently identify needed work, and judgment to handle emergencies and special events.
- Respond to daily house and emergency calls
- Ability to follow and complete work orders (CAMMS) and preventative maintenance (CMMS) duties and provide updates on the work order status.
- Must attend training, workshops and meetings as required
- Ability to work alone efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision on weekend or night shift
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety.
- Follow department policies.
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Five to eight years related experience in the maintenance and repair of building systems
- Ability to specify proper parts and equipment for repairs and new installations.
- Requires a working knowledge of computer software including databases and office suite software.
- Experience with building automation systems graphical interface, preferably Siemens Building Automation systems.
- Position will routinely require the ability to lift and move heavy items and equipment.
- Position will routinely require the use of ladders and accessing elevated areas such as catwalks.
- The position will interact within the laboratory setting.
- Must be able to work in close proximity to animals.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Must be able to lift and move items and equipment up to 70 pounds.
- The position requires the ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write fluently in the English language.
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license.
- Work requires 5 years’ experience with the credentials of a Massachusetts Journeyman’s License(s) in the appropriate specialties and building maintenance experience.
- Specialty: maintain valid Mass. Plumber’s, Refrigeration Technician, or Electrician’s License.
- Mass. Journeyman Steamfitter’s License.
- Mass. Boiler Operator’s License.
- Mass. Waste Water operator’s license.
- Certified Backflow Prevention Device Inspector.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular