DIRECTOR, RESIDENCE HALL, Division of Student Life, Residence Life
DIRECTOR, RESIDENCE HALL, Division of Student Life, Residence LifeTracking Code7507 Job Description
The employees of Residence Life at Boston University are dedicated to enhancing a student’s academic experience by creating inclusive, learning-friendly communities within campus residences.
The Residence Life team delivers a broad range of programs and services to students, including specialty communities, living-learning communities, Residence Hall councils, the Faculty-in-Residence program, crisis intervention, conflict mediation, enforcement of residential rules and regulations, social and educational programming, and referrals to relevant campus resources.
The Residence Hall Director is a full-time live-in staff member who oversees the day-to-day operation of a residence hall.
Their responsibilities include:
- Training, supervising, and evaluating resident assistants and graduate resident assistants.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the local residence life office, providing support and supervision to the staff, and maintaining various office records, including private student information.
- Ensuring that living and common spaces are safe, clean, and functional for students.
- Regulating student conduct by enforcing residential rules and regulations, serving as a judicial officer, responding to urgent and emergency situations, intervening in conflict situations, making appropriate referrals to relevant campus resources, and serving on a senior staff on-call rotation.
- Advising a Residence Hall Council.
- Partnering with a Faculty-In-Residence to provide educational and social programming to residents.
- Serving on departmental committees and completing departmental project work.
B.A./B.S. required, (M.A./M.S. preferred), excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong customer service, organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail, and one to three years of related experience. This is a live-in position. Nights, weekends and holiday hours required as needed.
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, tuition remission, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular