IT Data Analyst
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-01
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The IT Data Analyst works as part of a team to collect data from disparate sources, analyze and cleanse the data and output into consumable format that supports data driven business decisions in alignment with the Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) strategic initiatives. They will establish and maintain formulas and models that identify, forecast and predict outcomes such as constituent gift capacity, inclination to be philanthropic, UM affinity and engagement with the institution.
The IT Data Analyst will engage in the following activities and tasks:
• Identify and collect data from multiple sources, cleanse and output data into a usable format for reporting and analysis based on business requirements.
• Create models to predict fundraising outcomes over time periods, at the organizational, college and development officer level.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing expertise of that data analysis.
• Collaborate with other areas in developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Maintain an understanding of the Division of Development and Alumni Relations data architecture and data availability.
• Recommend and produce dashboards for both leadership and staff to assess the depth and vitality of various prospect and solicitation pipelines.
• Explain findings to non-technical clients to support their decision-making processes.
• Stay current on industry-wide best practices and trends; engage with and participate in team conversations to brainstorm new projects and processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
• Three years’ experience in data analytics; including collecting, cleansing and modeling data for analytics.
• Experience working in higher education and/or medical fundraising environment.
• Experience in business analysis and interpretation in order to provide meaningful insights that solve business problems and support operational decisions.
• Experience with MS SQL database to include designing, creating and implementing MS SSIS packages.
• Proven experience with SQL scripting and programming languages such as Python, R.
• Experience with spreadsheet, query, statistical modeling, data management and visualization software such as Tableau, MS SSRS, Power BI and MS Excel.
• Ability to produce reports and to deliver presentations that are usable and actionable within the DAR operation.
• Feel comfortable defending insights and recommendations, yet willing to adapt views based on new information or feedback from others.
• Experience working with, querying and reporting from relational databases and data warehouses.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105