Assistant Professor of Real Estate or Finance
Assistant Professor of Real Estate or FinancePosition Type:
School of BusinessDepartment:
The Assistant Professor of Real Estate or Finance is a full-time, tenure-track position. The normal teaching load is 3/3, mainly teaching Real Estate courses such as Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Finance, and Real Estate Investment. A plus is applicant being capable of teaching Finance courses, particularly those related to FinTech. The courses can be at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Specific teaching assignments are at the department chair’s discretion.
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or D.B.A.) in Real Estate or Finance or Business Administration with concentration in finance, or other equivalent discipline with a minimum of 18 hours of graduate coursework in Real Estate or Finance from an AACSB accredited school. ABD will be considered if the candidate can complete the terminal degree within one year of hiring.
- Active in research, qualified as AACSB Scholarly Academics (SA) faculty.
- Prior college and/or university teaching experience in Real Estate or Finance preferred.
- Directly related professional experience is desired.
- Have research or teaching experience in emerging, new finance courses like FinTech foundations, Blockchain in finance, digital transformation in financial service, or other FinTech-related courses.
About the College of Charleston:
Located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina, the College of Charleston is a nationally recognized public comprehensive university. Since its founding in 1770, the College has maintained a strong liberal arts curriculum. The College is a state-supported, comprehensive institution and ranks among the nation’s top universities (for quality of life, affordability, and exceptional education in the arts, sciences, education, and business). Our beautiful and historic campus, combined with contemporary facilities and cutting-edge programs, attracts exceptional students and faculty from across the U.S. and around the world.
About the Department of Finance:
The Department of Finance offers two majors, a B.S. in Finance and a B.S. in Commercial Real Estate Finance, as well as minors in Finance and Real Estate. Our faculty members have expertise across many areas, including investment, corporate finance, international finance, banking management, and financial modeling.
While active in research, our faculty are most devoted to teaching. We pride ourselves on interacting directly with students. As a department, we strive to educate and graduate ready-to-work students. To serve this goal, we tailor our curriculum to the real world. The Department proudly houses the Carter Real Estate Center and the School of Business Investment Program and has established a new Financial Services Lab with Bloomberg terminals. The Department has access to many databases such as CRSP, S&P Capital IQ, PrivCo, CoreLogic, CoStar local access, local MLS dataset, GeoTHINK, etc. The Department also has licenses for software such as ARGUS and Crystal Ball.
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply online at https://jobs.cofc.edu. For initial review, please submit a letter of interest, recent curriculum vitae, a working paper and recent teaching evaluations. Official transcripts and additional information will be requested at a later point in the process.
For questions, please contact Dr. Weishen Wang ([email protected]).Posting Date:
02/16/2021Open Until Filled?:
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.Quicklink for Posting: