Staff Assistant - Academic Outreach
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking Part-Time Staff Assistant who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will provide administrative support and customer service for the Academic Outreach Center.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Required: High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Some College Coursework.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Required: 2 years of clerical office or basic information technology experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to handle stress and remain calm.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer, printer, and software issues.
- Ability to multitask and remain organized.
- Must have current Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) Skills.
- Must have proficient interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to convey information effectively.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and greet visitors and students.
- Answer and route calls to main phone lines.
- Assists staff, students, and administrative personnel as needed.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Perform additional duties or job functions required and deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, holidays, and varying events as necessary or scheduled.)
Working Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.
Position Grade: 6; Hiring Department: Center for Teaching & Learning; Position Location: West Campus.