Part Time CMA Instructor, Continuing Education
Job Title: Part Time CMA Instructor, Continuing Education
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221942
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education Division is seeking experienced CMA’s, LPN’s, RN’s or CMA’s to teach day and evening non-credit courses in Clinical Medical Assisting on the Gainesville campus. Courses are designed for adult learners on our Cumming, Dahlonega, and Gainesville campuses using a combination of in person classroom/clinical lab and remote LIVE Online instruction. Each course is approximately 144 hours in length and typically meets two to three sessions per week during 14 weeks each semester. Multiple positions are available as each instructor would teach a single course.Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures and labs during the required course hours using provided instructional materials and instructor-chosen supplemental resources that adequately cover the knowledge, skills, terminology, goals and objectives of each chapter.
- Ensure instruction and materials reflect current standards of practice and remain informed of changes to accepted procedures and standards of practice.
- Incorporate knowledge components of the national certification exam in classroom and laboratory instruction.
- Use laboratory exercises to reinforce clinical skills and to closely model typical working environments in the particular medical field.
- Use both written and clinical assessment to help students identify areas that need additional study and practice.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and progress and communicate any issues to PCE staff in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for additions to or upgrading of overall curriculum, course materials, lab spaces, and textbooks.
- High School diploma or equivalent and certification in area of instruction or equivalent.
- Possess current knowledge of and at least five (5+) years of experience in Clinical Medical Assisting or equivalent.
- Prior adult instructional experience is preferred, but not required.
- LPN or RN preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must present “self” as a professional role model at all times.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must have video networking equipment (computer with camera and microphone) as well as reliable internet connection.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover Letter