Target Hire Date
01/19/2021 - 7 days to go
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
A Staff clinician is responsible for providing direct clinical services to students experiencing emotional and adjustment difficulties and for participating in all aspects of the Counseling Center's efforts to support the developmental and psychological growth and adaptation of students. Additionally, responsible for ancillary and consultative work of the Center across campus and supervision and instruction of the Center's advanced practicum students who in turn provide a substantial array of direct care services to the Emerson student body and college community.
Please note this position is 10 months. Some evening hours may be required.
Beginning August 1 - May 31
Report To: Director, Counseling and Psychological Services
Direct Staff Reports: 0
Student Workers this position supports: 0
Is this position ‘Essential' and be needed for emergencies or to work when the College is closed?
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Provide individual psychological evaluation, short-term psychotherapy, crisis intervention, referrals, and case management to students in psychological/emotional distress.
- Communicate regularly with center staff on clinical and administrative matters and enhance departmental collaboration and quality of care provided to students by attending scheduled staff and clinical team meetings, case conferences, individual supervision and peer supervision and other tasks as assigned.
- Provide emergency daytime coverage for students in acute crisis, triage needs, arrange outside administrative, transport and medical/hospital intervention as needed consult with involved professionals, college staff, and family or friends when indicated follow all ethical, legal, and clinical standards of confidentiality
- Maintain appropriate clinical records by writing ongoing case notes, intake and termination summaries in accordance with Massachusetts state laws.
- Responsible for engaging with Outreach needs.
- Supervise practicum graduate students in psychology, social work, and/or mental health counseling, as needed, with full clinical and legal responsibility for their work and documentation provide training in college mental health issues and procedures to all center trainees.
- Develop training programs and present to campus partners.
- MA/MS in Mental Health Counseling, MFT in Marriage and Family Therapy, MSW (Social Work), or PhD/Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Licensure within respective field in Massachusetts.
- Strong clinical skills and a solid background in mental health crisis intervention and management.
- Knowledgeable of mental health trends on college campuses.
- Ability to effectively work with students from a broad range of backgrounds and life experiences, including those from historically marginalized populations.
- A demonstrated commitment to understanding issues of identity and diversity as they relate to student wellbeing and team building
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- At least one year or more experience in college mental health, community mental health, and supervision.
- Experience using Titanium software or other Electronic Medical Record for scheduling and recordkeeping .
- Experience in college mental health.
Work Environment and Demands of the position:
- Physical Place and Existing Conditions: Usual Office Conditions
- Intellectual and Mental Concentration for extended periods of time: Requires Long periods of mental concentration, Requires the ability to effectively communicate in person and through communication media
- Requires constant coordination of Mental and Visual Attention: Yes
- Requires ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time:: No
- Requires ability to lift and move objects that are: Light
- Requires ability to move materials: Occasionally
- Requires working in difficult physical positions and body contortions: No
- Amount of time required to travel to do this job: Some but Infrequent
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $61,782.00 - $64,764.00
10 month position paid over 12 months
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Staff-Clinician_JR002407
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
n accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency