(Temporary) Log Truck Driving Professional Expert
Description of Basic Functions and Responsibilities
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District (Shasta College) sits at the northern end of the Sacramento Valley, surrounded by mountains to the north, east, and west. The area provides a wide array of outdoor amenities and activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, national parks, two lakes, and the Sacramento River.
Shasta College is committed to providing its diverse student population with equitable education outcomes, contributing to the social, cultural, intellectual, and economic development of our communities. The college has been recognized as a leader in developing and implementing innovative education programs to increase student success, including accelerated pathways for high school students to achieve a bachelor's degree and for returning students to complete their Associate and Bachelor's degrees. Shasta College enrolls more than 11,000 students annually and provides educational services to students with a wide range of skills and abilities.
Our ideal candidate is motivated to join a campus community prioritizing the success of our racially and socio-economically diverse staff and student population. Providing equitable outcomes so all members of our community may enjoy safe, healthy, and vibrant educational and employment environments is critical to our success.
Shasta College is seeking to build a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary work. We will respond to applications based on our current needs.
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Professional expert in log truck driving and hauling, 28 hours maximum per week. Able to provide coaching and log truck driving expertise for unlicensed truck driving students practicing skills for their Class A Commercial license test utilizing Shasta College log trucks and trailers in conjunction with a heavy equipment logging operations course. Some assignments may take place at the Shasta College Tehama Campus in Red Bluff.
SUPERVISOR: Dean of Business, Agriculture, Industry, Technology, & Safety or designee
BENEFITS: 24 hours of sick leave per year. No medical, dental or vision insurance provided.
Typical Duties, Knowledge and Ability
Professional expert operator driving and hauling logging timber.
- California Class A Commercial License
- Minimum four years driving log trucks
- Experience loading on an active landing with knowledge of landing rules and safety procedures
- Must know log yard and stanchion rules and safety procedures
- Must be able to secure loads and demonstrate appropriate log load tie-down procedures
- Experience with data entry on electronic log books
Online Application with Additional Preferred Materials to be attached to application:
- Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
- Current resume
- College transcripts (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
- After application has been submitted, all application materials will be screened.
- Internal candidates must also submit all required materials to be considered.
- Candidate evaluations will not be considered.
- Reference letters from any member of the Hiring Committee or Board Members will not be considered.
- Interviews will be by invitation only.
- The District does not provide expense reimbursement for those invited to initial interviews.
- The District does not reimburse for new hire moving expenses.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency