Social Science Research Professional 2
Social Science Research Professional 2
Job Number: 88156
Stanford University is seeking a Social Science Research Professional 2 (2-year fixed term) to perform work to serve as the project manager for a community-based project in Salinas, CA focused on improving cancer outcomes among the Latinx community using a community health worker model. The person in this position would work closely with the project PI's to manage all aspects of the project including IRB management, development of study instruments and measures, development and implementation of study tracking databases, ongoing reporting on project progress, coordination of team meetings and communication, and contribution to scientific and non-scientific dissemination activities. The project manager will play a significant role in developing, leading, and disseminating the community health worker model.
- Assist principal investigators with designing the research to evaluate the community health worker model to improve cancer outcomes.
- Independently identify/modify methodologies for evaluating the effectiveness of the community health worker program.
- Co-author all or sections of a report for publication or professional presentation with the work being reviewed by the principal investigator or faculty.
- Present ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences.
- Complete project-related administrative and budgetary responsibilities of a limited scope as needed.
- Formally supervise and train new staff or students, including hiring, performance management, and related duties, in addition to instruction on techniques and consultation on project work.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
Bachelor's degree in public health or related field
Previous experience working on community-engaged research in cancer
Previous project management experience
Ability to drive for the study but will conduct work remotely during the pandemic
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor of Arts degree in an applicable social science related field and two years applicable experience, or combination of education and experience in an applicable social science.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific theory and methods.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with human study participants.
- Developing supervisory skills.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES: None
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, operate foot and/or hand controls.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4187
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 88156
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency